PDA

View Full Version : First COMPLET wiring view from CF v6.5 LS

Celticblood
01-02-2015, 01:09 AM
Hello everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015 at first

With NEW YEAR come NEW PROJECT, and i start in the scene with the wish to goes in ANAHEIM (CA) to the next SW celebration, between April 16 - 19 ,2015.
But not just like this.... With a first custom light saber.

I have already, take order from some pieces ( thx TCSS ), and receive my CF v6.5 LS.
I have too RTFM ( Read The F****** Manual ) and try to find some pieces here in France. ( Thx Erv' )

I think i m be ready to soldering , but without any XP ( eXPeriences ), have thinking, maybe you can take a look on this Diagram and tell me if somewhere i 'm wrong.

By the way, if someone can show the correct wiring from Power Extender, because i m not sure about.

For any help, i thanks in forwards
You can click on under sketch to show it bigger ... and better !!! :confused:

Sevinzol
01-02-2015, 05:55 AM
For a first saber with no soldering experience, You have a lot going on. Your 3 month time limit seems a little short to do everything you have there.
I would like to see your hilt idea. I think its going to need to be big in order to hold everything. If space is tight, you might want to skip the rumble motor. A string blade is a lot of soldering, have you considered using a rebel or cree setup?

Good luck with your build.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-02-2015, 07:09 AM
First off, I agree with Sevinzol, you have a lot going on there. Also, FoC isn't easy to do with a string blade, unless you are wiring in a second color into your string somehow. Given your lack of experience, all of that could be a problem.

Celticblood
01-02-2015, 06:26 PM
OK... Ok..
I m not completely mental too. Some experience or tiny experience i have it . At time i have one Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module from TCSS.
And different wiring colors, that , i can do it after somebody with more experience like me can confirm me, that all is ok....
But before, if it s possible will tell me where i must connect my black one on Power Extender....

Because if i look again the .PDF Manual from Plector Lab, i m not sure about the connection...
WHY must i soldering one (+) wire on Power Extender if the (+) from FoC must be solder with all another on CF board ????
That s where i need maybe help

Thanks in forwards for your answer

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-02-2015, 06:38 PM
You need to reread the manual. You will be wiring to the negatives of the PEX and then to the signal pad. I think you are confusing the signal pad with the (+) pad.

Celticblood
01-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Well that the finaly first step . The wire what i don t have understand his fonction is NOT a (+) and not a (-).
For this reason i take it a new colour.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
01-04-2015, 04:38 PM
It provides the signal to trigger the FoC light. ;)

Celticblood
01-07-2015, 01:57 PM
NOW my complete LED STRING in the TCSS 1"OD 3/4"ID 1/8" walled Polycarbonate tube 40" long.

It s work, but don t now if it s will look good... Not yet .
But what can i say it that i have few hours searching how make it to have a FoC and don't blend the LED from Lame
and search a wiring solution to have it AROUND and not only on one side

http://youtu.be/uZKGjQvUKKU

Yorginsnarff
01-07-2015, 02:13 PM
lel why the java tags? (or HTML...)

Celticblood
01-07-2015, 04:30 PM
oups... sorry

i make it mistake... i corrected immediatly .
Thanks

Don Se Wion
01-08-2015, 01:07 AM
Maybe I'm late and you already noticed, but in your last diagram you are still missing the + wire for the PEX.
Without it the FOC won't work because the transistor on the PEX is not powered.

Obi1
01-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Maybe I'm not getting the full picture, but I really have no clue why you want to have a Pex connected to CF_LS. This board has the possibility to adjust the driving strenght of the LED's, so you have a native FoC even without additional FoC string/Pex. I strongly recommend using the drive strength adjustment, because:
- for Pex you need additional room, additional soldering etc.
- while you can make an additional FoC string, it will introduce shadowing, which in turn will make the light along the blade less homogenous -> worse look
- you will end up with a lot of wires in the blade, leading to yet more shadowing -> even worse look
- only Advantage of the extra string is that you can Play around with the shade, but I doubt that balances the cons

I write here from experience. I also got a CF_LS for Xmas, now I do the LED string, I do not even consider a Pex.

Celticblood
01-08-2015, 07:59 AM
After i have build 6 segments from 16 LEDS, all positions on CF_LS are use.
On manual you get the possibility to connected one FoC with one PeX.
The PeX on manual is only with the (-) connected, then one wire (
It provides the signal to trigger the FoC light. ;) ) is soldering in the middle from CF_LS, and the (+) is NOT on PeX but well on (+) point from CF_LS board

Celticblood
01-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Well all is fast done now.... fast !!!
I feel that now begin a new step: DEFINITION from LED and ACCENT LED !!

Well, after i read it for the 4th time the manuel ( RTFM : if you know what it will say )
and searching in Internet too
i want to ask you if this soldering from wire is correct if i wish this example from configuration:

The LED from POWER SWITCH will be ON always, when the Kill Key is Put it OUT.
I will give with Word Pad later the rythme from puls from this ACCENT LED
and preserve 6 another position to " pimp " or " animate " my saber later

See Updated diagram please , there where the arrow is
Thanks in Forward for your answer

Obi1
02-06-2015, 06:18 AM
Just out of curiosity: did you already try the FoC? Reason I'm asking: I conencted a LED to the FOC pad (18mA should be enough), I even measured on the landing in the corner of the MPU wo/LED, I see no voltage on that landing, not even if I trigger a flash with the aux switch continuosly held down... do I do something wrong in the config? Is FOC always active or does it need to be enabled in the config?
Thx!

Obi1
02-09-2015, 01:21 AM
OK, found out. The "focs" parameter was set to 0. I also soldered together quickly a PeX, so now I have FoC with some additional LEDs at the base of the blade and a rumbling motor activated by FoC.