PDA

View Full Version : LED Color Cyan

Celtic Jedi
12-17-2014, 02:38 PM
I was wondering when will the Color Cyan be one of the color choices in the LED Module again ? because I like that color it fits my Celtic Jedi personality so I can do the 1000MA Buckpuck plus it got my favorite colors Blue and Green mixed in so it's also one of my favorite colors :) I have been waiting for Cyan to be one of the color choices again before I order I got my outside saber picks all done I'm just waiting for the Cyan color choice to come around again or to restock , :cool: and I was also wondering if its true that the Buckpuck is better than the resistor as an inside saber stuff if it is I can stick to the 1000MA buckpuck as my inside saber stuff that I was thinking of doing to fit my Celtic Jedi personality as well. I hope to hear more about your suggestions on that and other suggetions you have on what is best for a basic stunt saber and to work my way up to a saber with sound I'm doing a stunt one now because I don't have that much money to do a sound one yet. :)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
12-17-2014, 02:51 PM
As far as I know, Cree does not make Cyan as a standalone color - I haven't seen them listed by the manufacturer.

Regarding making a stunt saber, depending on your power source, using a resistor might be the cheaper and easier way to go for you.

Ty_Bomber
12-17-2014, 03:28 PM
FJK is correct, cyan is not an option from CREE. You can still achieve it, however with a tri cree, which are likely to e stocked shortly. You will simply mix the blue and green and try a few different resistors until you find the particular shade you like. :)

Celtic Jedi
12-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Ok I wait for the tri cree to stock up to try it , now to find the right resistor to do the right Cyan color I wonder if the tri cree will be stocked in the New Year 2015 I hope so , and I'm open to suggestions on the right resistor for the perfect shade of Cyan . 8)

Ty_Bomber
12-23-2014, 03:13 PM
That's totally subjective. I prefer bin 2 cyan, which is the same kind that Tim used to stock, but the resistor value will entirely depend on the voltage of the battery, the type of led you use, etc. You will have to get a bag of resistors and simply experiment to find the color you want.