PDA

View Full Version : Help! First time build and I need help with my internals!

ALov3OfBac0n
12-16-2014, 10:39 PM
Hello! I need with a saber build using a petit crouton v3.5 with rice port and power level indicator, auxiliary switch 20, 16 mm green led mom switch, Canadian 7.4v Li-ion 2600mAh 18650 Battery Pack with a recharge port, A speaker and LED (unsure of which ones to get). I am looking to get a moderately loud speaker, A LED module setup that glows amber with a green flash of clash and blaster block ect. I am also having trouble finding what to get with my petite crouton so it can do all of these things. Can you help me make out a list of things I will need to accomplish this (also doing so safely so I don't friends anything and am able to secure all of it so it can duel and not break)? All parts from TCSS please and space is no issue the hilt is a two hander. Essentially help with all the internals, I am new to building but am an intermediate tinkerer. Thank you so much for your time.

Silver Serpent
12-17-2014, 06:07 AM
Either the 28mm premium speaker or the 28mm bass speaker will work fine. They both fit in the speaker holders sold here at TCSS.

For an amber blade with green FoC, you need a multi-die LED that has Red and Green dice. Mixing Red and Green will get you yellow. You can adjust the intensity of each to make it more amber. You can then set your FoC to be Green alone, and then you'll have the effect you're looking for.

For securing the parts in your hilt, I recommend looking here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Chassis-Parts-C74.aspx The acrylic discs are very nice, and hold your boards and batteries securely.

ALov3OfBac0n
12-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Ok thanks for the info! Do you have a recommendation for a gauge of wire?

Silver Serpent
12-17-2014, 07:27 PM
The store carries 24 and 26 gauge stranded wire. Both are good. The 26 is a little more flexible and easier to work with. Get a good set of wire strippers.

ALov3OfBac0n
12-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Sure will thanks I think I'll go with 24, do you know what resistor I have to get for my 16 mm AV mom switch green ring led?

Silver Serpent
12-18-2014, 05:58 AM
That would depend on how and where you hook it up. Your source voltage will vary depending on whether you hook it directly to the battery, to a 3.3v accent LED pad, or use it in the Progressive Power-On setup.

The DynaOhm resistor will work in all those situations, and you won't need to do any calculations.

Read here to learn how to calculate your own resistors: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?17109-Tutorial-FJK-s-quot-Down-and-Dirty-quot-guide-to-Ohm-s-Law or use the calculator in my signature if you're lazy (or want to double-check your math).

ALov3OfBac0n
12-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Ok thank you that is the end of my questions thanks for all the help.

Silver Serpent
12-18-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm sure a few more questions will arise after the parts show up. Spend some time reading (and re-reading) the manual while you wait for parts to arrive.