PDA

View Full Version : Anakin ROTS Tri-Lux and Crystal Chamber

Whi-ja
12-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Hello, all! I'd like to add a diagram; hopefully it is helpful.

I am awed and humbled by the warm, welcoming attitude of the members of this forum. I thought I was ahead of the curve so many times only to find that my "new idea" was old news indeed. Alas, none of my clever ideas is even close to being original among this groups's members.

For background: I have converted 2x MR Vader (2005), 2x Anakin ROTS, and one Mace Windu as well as building four PVC stunt sabers.

The diagram is for an Anakin ROTS customization, pics of which I'll post separately. The 4.5V MR batt./spkr pack It runs an MR board, an exposed crystal chamber, and a Royal Blue / Cyan / Cyan Luxeon III tri-Rebel.

I under-drive the RB and one Cyan using parallel leads from the MR board and use a a 700mA CC driver to power (but not overdrive) the other Cyan. The result is that light blue of Luke's ANH saber in Obi-Wan's hut.

The blue 5mm LED crystal chamber activates via a 5mm momentary tactile switch on the top of the switch box and pulls current through a dyna-ohm variable resistor 25mA driver wired straight to the batteries.

Thanks for all the help the community's thread posts have provided. I hope this diagram makes someone else's day a little easier. Happy building!