PDA

View Full Version : Another crazy lightsaber builder !!!! With noooo XP!!!

Celticblood
12-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone,

Befor i will begin, i wish to excuse me for my miserable English language level quality.
Hope that more and more i will goes ever better forwards, and by the way hope you will hunderstand me.

I m Celticblood from FRANCE, and begin to build my all first own Lightsaber.
I m 44 years old, and work as Technical Dentist
SW was be ever one passion.. Familly Games, Toys and later limited edition collector.
But now i wish my own lightsaber.

Point is, i dont have eXPerience or Know How about electronic stuff, without the fews workshop from school.

I have begin to recycle some LED or switches, and buying some another,
BUT all ready now, have see that i buying wong stuff

Hope to find some infos, Help, and / or opinion about the best way to hit a nice result .

Thanks in Forwards for all your answers of my questions
and your time what you will take for this.;)

Ty_Bomber
12-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Welcome!

Go on YouTube, search for The Custom Saber Shop, and subscribe to the channel. Watch every video an you will find out what you need to build a lightsaber.

Any questions after that, ask me. I will help in any way I can or point you to who can.

Good luck.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
12-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

Daisan
12-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Welcome to the Forums and to the universe of (prop) lightsaber building.

The search box in this forum will be your friend. I second the suggestion to read up on anything you are curious about, even if you do not plan (yet) on doing anything with it. I have found the members and moderators to be very patient with questions from those new to the hobby (like us :) ).

Btw, we have some senior members and Very Important Plecter... err, Person... based in France.

setelf3of5
12-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Celticblood
12-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks already.
I was be from a long time ago fascinate from all customisation from SW stuff..... Costume, accessoirie, weapon, and more
From Youtube, to Facebook, twitter and forums.... that s why i wish my own lightsaber today.
And Erv’ from plecter lab help me already about some details with presise and helpfull answer.

Where i begin to learn a lot, is with the lot of DIFFERENTS little details in electronic components
You think you have the right, but no.... that will be not working with this one!!!!!

I will post in one appropriate post some pix and questions

JediCarpet
12-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Salut et bienvenu! Mon fran?ais est plus horrible que votre anglais, si je dois finir en anglais ;)

I started out myself not too long ago and it's a pretty interesting hobby. I suggest learning how to solder - watch a bunch of videos or get a friend to help walk you through it, and practice practice practice. That is probably one of the most important skills to develop. I also suggest taking a look at how people have designed the internals as much as possible as well, and try not to make it too fancy. My first one was a "shove it in there" idea and I ended up with some power glitches that took a while to sort out. Since then when I start thinking of a new design I start with the inside, not necessarily the outside. I actually have my next one all figured out sitting in a box at home...I just need the hilt to put it in. That's becoming the more interesting part for me, making the insides.
I also suggest that you study the correct wiring diagrams and plan where your wires are going before you start putting it all together, and where you can save running wires as much as possible.