PDA

View Full Version : buckpuck

vortextwist
11-22-2006, 06:16 PM
so where do you need an buck puck?

xwingband
11-22-2006, 08:07 PM
In where?

My advice: Stop posting... you need to comprehend the stuff you are reading. Posting "I'm confused." will only get you more responses to confuse you.

vortextwist
11-22-2006, 08:13 PM
now if you would have just said this, or gave me a link to it instead of basically calling me retarded.

What is a buck/micropuck?

The puck series is a driver. This goes in place of the resistor in an LED saber. It gets more out of your LED like all drivers. They are easier to work with because you don't need to worry about changing it with a new voltage.

Another advantage is there ability to power an LED under it's forward voltage. Example: You can run a 3W White at 3V and still get the maximal brightness with a buckpuck.

xwingband
11-22-2006, 08:33 PM
I said nothing about you... I was saying that posting wasn't helping.

I added that part of the FAQ because you asking reminded me it's come up enough to deserve to have an entry.

Lord Maul
11-22-2006, 11:14 PM
My advice: Stop posting... you need to comprehend the stuff you are reading. Posting "I'm confused." will only get you more responses to confuse you.

xwing gives good advice. believe me, don't make a bad name for yourself. i did and i still don't have the respect of many people on this site.

vortextwist
11-23-2006, 06:55 AM
I said nothing about you... I was saying that posting wasn't helping.

I added that part of the FAQ because you asking reminded me it's come up enough to deserve to have an entry.

ok but nobody was really answering my questions. It's not that I was getting confused. I had seem the simple led kid and could not figure out how or why everyone was adding things. The thing that was irritating me was no matter how simple the question I see people ask, others take more time to tell them just to search for it or read the forums then it would just to answer it.

xwingband
11-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Honestly, it's a annoying as ever to answer the same things that could easily be read. I try to keep up with the index and FAQ, but sometimes it takes a reminder for me to realize something has been asked a ton of times. Plus we didn't learn it by osmosis... we read about them too. :wink:

Also the reason other are "adding" these other components is because sometimes you have restrictions. If I had a bloody small hilt and could only fit 2AA I'd be screwed without a puck. We often aren't making it needlessly complicated, in certain circumstances there are advantages to other setups besides the basic one.

vortextwist
11-23-2006, 07:51 AM
I can understand that and I am new to all this, but I have been reading the forums and looking throught the store for about a week now. and sometimes I just can't find what I'm lookin for. Everyone has really been helpfull (even if they tell me to go look for it)

Firebird21
11-23-2006, 08:03 AM
(even if they tell me to go look for it)

Catch a man to fish, he eats for a day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

Hit a man with a fish, and we all feel better... :twisted:

vortextwist
11-23-2006, 08:04 AM
was wandering why I smell fish :roll:

Firebird21
11-23-2006, 08:08 AM
was wandering why I smell fish :roll:

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_tim.gif

xwingband
11-23-2006, 08:52 AM
(even if they tell me to go look for it)

Catch a man a fish, he eats for a day.

Hit a man with a fish, and we all feel better... :twisted:

Firebird21
11-23-2006, 09:12 AM
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_roflmfao.gif

At first I had no idea why you quoted me and said nothing...

Then it dawned on me. http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_idea.gif http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_doh.gifhttp://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_loser.gif

xwingband
11-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Well... I think I was just going to edit the post. Seems I hit quote instead. ehh, worked either way. :wink:

Firebird21
11-23-2006, 09:29 AM
I was just going to edit the post. Seems I hit quote instead.

Dude... I want to be mod for a day just to see all the funky buttons you get to play with... :twisted:

Do you have a control panel or something?

Post some screen shots!

Sorry, simple things amuse simple minds.

Edit: Watch... Tim will make me mod for the rest of the day, and I won't be here to fiddle with it... :roll:

Well I'm off to eat some Turkey! Later guys! http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_outahere.gif

DACOTA
11-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Catch a man to fish, he eats for a day.

:shock: I heard that on cartoon network.Either thats a well known saying or you got it from there.What was it :?:

Ryma Mara
11-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Why does it smell like *** in here?

Firebird21
11-23-2006, 12:48 PM
:shock: I heard that on cartoon network.Either thats a well known saying or you got it from there.What was it :?:

Bible

Jedi-Loreen
11-23-2006, 12:57 PM
That's not so funny, to me, at least, Ryma Mara. Why does your name sounds like a girl's name? :P

And it's a very old saying. Sounds like it could be something from the bible. It's also "Catch a man a fish", not to fish. :roll: (ok, I forgot I had this message window open, so I'm too slow)

When you are a Moderator on php boards, the buttons you get are Delete, Move, Lock and Split at the bottom of a thread. Then you can edit and delete individual posts and look up the IP address the posts come from.

I know this because I am a Moderator on another message board.

Ah, the power. lol

It's a small message board, and people are pretty nice, so I don't really have much moderating to do there.

vortextwist
11-23-2006, 01:46 PM
ryma is not a girl and it is a refrence to the movie super troopers.

Ryma Mara
11-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Fine me a girls name book with Ryma Mara in it and then I will change it but as far as I know its a name I made up.

xwingband
11-23-2006, 02:17 PM
ryma is not a girl and it is a refrence to the movie super troopers.

Mara is a girls name... Luke's wife is Mara Jade. Mara I've always found hard to find a definative origin, I've seen it as forms of Mary, Amara, Damara, etc...

Definitely a girls name. In fact, when I have children I'd like to name my girl that.

Firebird, JLo is right... that's what I see in normal browsing. A few buttons at the bottom of the thread. I get the edit button on all of your posts too. Tim installed a moderator control panel, but it's nothing that interesting. I get to see all the info of your profiles and the hidden users. No big deal.

I liked on the snitz system being able to change forum titles... I showed you switching that for a minute. Misc. = Let's post stuff, lol.

Firebird21
11-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Sounds extreamly boaring...

vortextwist
11-23-2006, 08:04 PM
well I was talking about the person. not the name. lol

Ryma Mara
11-23-2006, 08:16 PM
The name is nothing in referance to anything. and I prolly pronounce it differantly.

I repeat the name is in no referance to anything at all. its jus tsomething I came up with. becides the only thing starwars I pay attention to is the movies and the origional 3 books.

So instead of the topic being twards my user name and its oragins how about you all talk about the topic that was started by the topic maker.

on alot of the forums I go to off topic is not the greatest thing to start but it seems that there is alot of that around here.

Firebird21
11-23-2006, 08:53 PM
I was talking about being a mod...

xwingband
11-24-2006, 01:46 AM
The name is nothing in referance to anything. and I prolly pronounce it differantly.

I repeat the name is in no referance to anything at all. its jus tsomething I came up with. becides the only thing starwars I pay attention to is the movies and the origional 3 books.

So instead of the topic being twards my user name and its oragins how about you all talk about the topic that was started by the topic maker.

on alot of the forums I go to off topic is not the greatest thing to start but it seems that there is alot of that around here.

If you want back seat mod and be that picky... vortextwist resurrected the thread with a buck puck questio which doesn't have much at all to do with the original post.

Ryma Mara
11-24-2006, 06:19 AM
then close the topic and move on.

Firebird21
11-24-2006, 07:16 AM

Wow, you're one ballsy http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_newbie.gif

...been here 4 days and already telling us to get topics back on track, lock threads, getting pushy... :roll:

And you've got a pot smoking avatar on a kid-frequented forum. Highly inappropriate. http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_nono.gif

I can tell where this is going; therefore I am ending it now and ignoring everything you have to say. I fear any further interaction with you is detrimental to the forum.

Have a nice day.

Ryma Mara
11-24-2006, 07:17 AM
pot smoking smiley, right...what makes you enclined to thnk its a joint?

xwingband
11-24-2006, 07:56 AM

It has never been my practice to lock threads unless the posters themselves give me a reason. A question can come up in a older topic. In fact it's a pleasant surprise when someone bothers to get the right topic to post in

DACOTA
11-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Bible

Dope[smacks himself in head,twice]i cant believe i did not know that. Ah the wisdom from gods word. :wink:

james3
11-25-2006, 08:21 PM
This is Bull Snitz!

DACOTA
11-28-2006, 10:47 AM
You like that saying alot dont you.You say it quite a bit,at least near me.
What does that mean though?

Lord Maul
11-28-2006, 02:43 PM
it's the edited version of Bull ****! dacota