PDA

View Full Version : Childrens sabers

vortextwist
11-23-2006, 08:22 PM
what in your opinion woud be best for toddlers. My daughter is 4 and my son is 2. I have an old plastic potf one that I think would be good for my son, but for my daughter? not sure. how I kind of want to build her one. what do you guys or gals with little ones think?

Madcow
11-23-2006, 08:40 PM
I have done sabers with kids made out of PCV pipe and transparent golf tubes for blades. These are cheap, and safe to fight with!

http://www.freewebs.com/genesis_sabers/LightsaberInstructions.pdf

MC

vortextwist
11-23-2006, 08:42 PM
i may have to try that

james3
11-25-2006, 08:41 PM
I did a few of these when MC recommended them to me too. They are very cool. I ended up using a different tube for the blade only because I was having trouble finding golf tubes locally.

If you are looking to do a step up and cost is less of factor, EL sabers are great for kids. There is less worry of them flashing them self or others in the face like LED. The cost really is the same by the time your done and there are some great colors. And unless you want to get fancy all you need is a 1 1.25 sink tube EL kit and a EL blade kit or get one of Tim's EL blades and you are done. You can even pop in a 9 volt battery with out any extra holders.

vortextwist
11-25-2006, 08:44 PM
cool thanks for the info.

ti-el_terall
11-25-2006, 09:43 PM
I cant get the link to work. :cry: It shuts down and says to send an error report.... any reason why?

james3
11-25-2006, 09:48 PM
My first guess would be that you need to get Adobe reader.

Tenric Starkindler
11-26-2006, 11:45 AM
I forget the maker, but there are "nerf" style sabers out there.
They are like foam stuffed sabers....ebat has them and there was a manufacturer site that had them as well.