PDA

View Full Version : Help, my lightsaber has gone haywire!!!! (video included)

Renaissance Jedi
11-29-2014, 08:05 AM
A couple days ago, my lightsaber started going haywire and I just do not know why. When I activate the saber it immediately starts playing swing and clash sounds without me swinging or hitting the saber. At first, I thought this was an issue with the sensitivity, so I tried adjusting that, but to no avail. Then I thought it might be running low on juice, so I plugged it in until it was fully charged. Charging it had no effect. I honestly have no idea why my saber is behaving in this manner, so I recorded a video of it being strange, and I am turning it over to all of you on the forum for answers. Thanks to anyone who can come up with a solution. The link to the video is below:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=559371500862664&saved

WookieeGunner
11-29-2014, 09:18 AM
I would check the sound card. It could be shorting against the inside of the chassis.

Also check the speaker. The vibration from the speaker has been known to set off the swing if they are really close.

Renaissance Jedi
11-29-2014, 09:39 AM
I would check the sound card. It could be shorting against the inside of the chassis.

Also check the speaker. The vibration from the speaker has been known to set off the swing if they are really close.

The sound card is not touching anything that could be making it short (I checked after you suggested it), and I doubt that the vibration of the speaker is causing the problem seeing as the problem just started.

Sevinzol
11-29-2014, 11:18 AM
To troubleshoot this I would go from easy to hard things to try.
- Make a back up of your current settings, then yes try lower volume. I would expect this to occur soon after assembly if its a sensor/speaker proximity thing.
- The SD card might be the cause. it might be loose or it might be bad. Try reformatting it use a default version of the settings. Try a different SD card if you have one.
- Finally, check for a short by pulling everything out of the hilt.

Renaissance Jedi
11-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I've had problems with this particular board before (it's a PC 2.0, but it only works with the parameters and txt document from the PC 1.5), so I will try reformatting the card. Eventually I plan to pull everything out of this hilt anyways because it was the first one with sound that I made, and it is a little sloppy, but I cannot simply pull everything out as a quick fix because the speaker is in the middle of the hilt, facing forwards, with wires running past it, so it is not easy to just pull everything out, in fact doing so would cause further damage. Thanks for the suggestions.

eastern57
11-29-2014, 06:14 PM
That's happened to me before. Your accelerometer needs to be swapped out. Hit up Erv or Zook/MH, you'll have to send it to one of them to be repaired.

JakeSoft
11-29-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm no expert on this board, but it seems like the software thinks the sensor input is telling it you're swinging the saber around when you are not. It's probably a bad sensor if I had to guess.

Renaissance Jedi
12-01-2014, 10:09 AM
That's happened to me before. Your accelerometer needs to be swapped out. Hit up Erv or Zook/MH, you'll have to send it to one of them to be repaired.

Oh great! Thanks for letting me know. I'll do this later when I dismantle the entire saber.