PDA

View Full Version : Kit Fisto Hasbro FX - LED and soundboard decisions

Darth Kipper
11-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of reading on here and have finally decided to convert a Hasbro FX Kit Fisto AOTC saber. I'm planning on purchasing the conversion kit from the TCSS store but I still need some help deciding on specific components. I couldn't find a definite opinion so I wanted to hear people weigh in on my specific intentions.

1. This is going to be a purely show saber. I want it to be as bright as possible and also include sound. I know LED opinions are mixed but I am leaning toward the Tri-Rebel GGW (this one isn't available in the store so I may buy it from a different seller) or BBW (it doesn't have to be green, I just like the Kit Fisto hilt). Is this a good pick?

2. What soundboard should I pick? Is the stock one inside the Hasbro FX good enough or should I buy a Petit Crouton or another aftermarket soundboard?

3. How should I drive the whole setup? The battery does not have to last very long, as I said this is going to be a show saber that I may pick up every few days, turn on, and wave around.

I am new here and really excited to join the saber building community!

Madcow
11-26-2014, 04:30 PM
Welcome!

If it was me...

If you're willing to buy a sound board, I would start with the Nano Biscotte, and a power Extender for Flash on Clash.
I would plan around a single 18650 protected Lithium ion battery (this means you would not be using the stock batt pack).
*if the stock battery pack on the KF saber uses 3 AA cells you may just want to keep using it for now.
The Tri-Rebels are excellent - especially the green.