PDA

View Full Version : Nano V2 no sound?

Zetareactor
11-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Hello. I'm wiring a nano V2. I got the prewired version so I thought I wouldn't be able to screw it up, but for some reason I'm not getting any sound. It lights the LED and has the shimmer and fade in lighting effects, but there seems to be no sound whatsoever. I checked the card and it looks like the files are all on there. Any ideas?

Yorginsnarff
11-24-2014, 06:18 PM
could be a busted speaker. If you have a premium speaker, press down on the middle. If the sound comes on at your touch, it's a busted speaker. Check your connections and soldering joints to make sure there are no short circuits.

Zetareactor
11-24-2014, 06:43 PM
I tried pressing the middle. It didn't make any sound. I resoldered the wires to the speaker and still no go. I heard that if you hold the soldering iron on the pad too long it can kill the speaker. I held it on there too long probably. Can I use a toy speaker to test it?

Yorginsnarff
11-24-2014, 06:45 PM
hmm... I don't see any harm in it. Just be sure you wired it right, too. Green to green ;)

But yeah, the speakers have and electromagnet in them. I don't know if this will affect your speaker, but did your speaker at all magnetize to your battery?

lol 100th post

Yorginsnarff
11-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Also, if you have a multimeter, check to see if any current is flowing through the green wires... god those multimeters are the best things on the face of the earth ;)

Zetareactor
11-24-2014, 06:48 PM
The speaker never touched the battery to my knowledge but it did stick magnetically to a piece of metal.

Yorginsnarff
11-24-2014, 06:50 PM
ah... I don't know if that did anything to it, but I'd play it safe and get a new speaker. If the multimeter test goes bad, and no electricity is flowing through your speaker wires, be sure you wired your battery/recharge port correctly. If it still doesn't work, it may be the board...

Zetareactor
11-24-2014, 06:57 PM
I hooked up a speaker from a cheapy Hasbro toy and it worked. Guess I fried the speaker soldering it. Time to reorder. Wish I could just use this cheapy speaker in the meantime but it's too big. Thanks for the tips!

Yorginsnarff
11-24-2014, 06:57 PM
yeah no probs. :3