PDA

View Full Version : Hi Huge Fan of Star Wars

Celtic Jedi
11-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Hi Guys I have been a huge Fan of Star Wars since 1983 and even more of a fan when the Special Ed . came out I always wanted to build a lightsaber and learn how to use it and stuff like that but for some reason though I feel like I'm the only one in the Tinley park area who's that far into star Wars for Entertainment it's like if you go to the Tinley Park Recreation Center for A Lightsaber Class, I feel like I'll be the only one in the class that wants to learn how to build a lightsaber and learn how to use it and stuff . I was wondering do you do movie prop lightsabers like Obiwan Kenobi's , Luke Skywalker 's, Princess Leia's ,and the EU in the books and Video Games Mara Jade's , Jaina solo's Jacen solo's and Jaden Korr's lightsaber , and the Exhalted Saber Among the Sabers I saw on Saber Forge etc . because those are the ones I do look forward to build. I'm not into Pay Pal or Credit Cards or Debit cards because I don't use them I only do Checks . 8-)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-23-2014, 09:24 PM
First off, welcome to the Forums.

There are parts available to make several of the sabers you mentioned, as you spend time in this hobby you will find a lot of what you seek. You are limited only by your ability to learn and work.

A word of caution though, the vendor you mentioned is not to be mentioned in these parts. ;)

Celtic Jedi
11-24-2014, 01:30 AM
Ok I will never mentioned the Vendor again if it's Taboo in here see I'm Just a noob on this forum but I will still be on to learn stuff on here though.

bigkevin61
11-24-2014, 09:42 PM
it's like if you go to the Tinley Park Recreation Center for A Lightsaber Class, I feel like I'll be the only one in the class that wants to learn how to build a lightsaber and learn how to use it and stuff.

Tinkey Park, IL?

setelf3of5
11-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Welcome!

Celtic Jedi
11-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Yes Tinley Park IL why are you from Tinley ? I only meant that vendor as an example of those sabers it was not to sell the vendors name or anything like that , and thanks for your welcome I always wondered what would be the best basic saber for a 5'8 150pound female that is a huge Star Wars fan ?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Celtic Jedi, there are many good, well constructed options out there, OR you can design and build one of your own. I'm 5'9" and the sabers I've built for myself can take a beating, and I would know because I have sparred against some of the best "saber combat" people in the hobby. ;)

snilam
11-24-2014, 11:04 PM
welcome :)

Celtic Jedi
11-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome I guess what I was referring to is what is the best Basic saber parts I can get from the shop that is best for my 5'8 height like what would be the best AV button or the best hilt etc.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome I guess what I was referring to is what is the best Basic saber parts I can get from the shop that is best for my 5'8 height like what would be the best AV button or the best hilt etc.

Basically it's a design it/build it yourself place. Your height only comes into play when you decide on blade length. In that regard, I would think that something around 34" (32" exposed) would be good for you - it's what I mainly use and I'm an inch taller than you.

As far as building hilts goes, look through the gallery to get ideas, or you can spend time playing with the MHS builder and experiment with various parts and pieces. Usually it's something like a blade holder, main body section, maybe a choke and a pommel, but it also depends on what electronics you want, etc, etc. everything sold here is good.

bigkevin61
11-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Yes Tinley Park IL why are you from Tinley?
I'm in Chicago proper, but FAR South Side. Tinley Park is close enough, and not to far of a drive down I80!

I always wondered what would be the best basic saber for a 5'8 150pound female that is a huge Star Wars fan ?
Like FJK said, TCSS is "build your own". So whatever you want (and can afford, and assemble)!
For reference, the Master Replica, and Hasbro Replicas (the $125-$150) "fancy toys" based off the movie sabers, typically are just over 11" in hilt length, and are in the 30-odd inch blade length. The "newer" models of those have "removable blade" options so you wear them as well.
Any of the "toys" are NOT "combat ready" and will likely break the led's in the blade under anything more then light goofing around (DO NOT assume children know how to pull their "punches", or you will be out a working saber, trust me!)
BUT, if you have messed around with the MR's and Hasbro's, you got an idea of what size may be for you.

The cool thing about this store is, there a lot of parts in which you can use to make sabers similar to the movie ones, OR something completely unique and your own.
If you are interested in doing your own, and sourcing all your parts from here (Hilt Parts, LED, Blade, Battery, Soundcard, etc) it will be more expensive then the toys, BUT way more robust! There are also other material possibilities, (Sink Tube or PVC for the hilt, canabalizing toy sound cards for the sound, etc) that turn out just as cool as full MHS sabers, but will generally cost less.

Look around through the galleries, and pop back to the forums for others posting pics of their completed sabers, and you will see the possibilities!