PDA

View Full Version : NBv2 recharge port issue

Star Bird
11-23-2014, 01:35 AM
Just had my 3rd duel with this saber. It's my friends saber. And now when I put the kill key in the light on the switch stays on.

However I can not power up the saber with the kill key in. I also noticed if I push the switch while the kill key is in then pull the kill key out I get a boot sound other wise I do not get a boot sound when I pull the kill key.

If the kill key is out and I push the switch the saber functions normally on off clash ect.

This is a prewired recharge port thought?

Hellgeist
11-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Sounds like the sound board is getting partial current, either because the recharge port switch isn't fully disengaging, or some part of the wire or solder is making a connection inside the hilt - could be that things shifted in there - I'd put some hot glue or liquid tape on any exposed wire or solder that could make contact with the interior, and then test.

Star Bird
11-23-2014, 09:58 AM
Ok I'll check for exposed wire but I pretty sure isn't any we used the NBv2 wiring harness . Just to throw that out there

Edit: ah just took the chassis out and now there's no problems something must be touching

Fixed: I moved some stuff around and everything is working properly again. However I noticed The pronges on the harness that go through the sound board were poking into the battery a little bit. I guess I should have clipped those ?

Jay-gon Jinn
11-23-2014, 05:10 PM
either clip them, or put something in between the board and battery to isolate the board.