PDA

View Full Version : What exactly do I need?

vortextwist
11-22-2006, 05:22 PM
This will be my first attempt at building an hilt and just need a little more info on things and If i would have found this site earlier I wouldn't have either. (some of the stuff he has is just awsome)
I Have a Heiland and I have a MR Vader saber. I want to take and gut the MR for my Heiland. I know tim can machine me what I need but I havn't seem an tutorial for using the parts off of an MR, Or can this be done?

edit: I also thought about getting both built for LED.

xwingband
11-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, there is a "tutorial" of sorts for reusing MR parts in another hilt. It's the same thing... If you want a picture by picture this is what to do, tough cookies. :P Sometimes you have extrapolate stuff.

Find that topic in the index. It will lead you straight. In a Heiland it'd be literally a conversion transplanted into another hilt. I'd transfer EVERY part of the MR, especially if you use the plastic parts off of the MR.

vortextwist
11-22-2006, 07:48 PM
That is what I was thinkin but what do I need for led and stuff. I don't want to have to upgrade the electronics in a month. I see and understand the basic led system but when I see people talking about buck pucks, resisters, adding more volts, fans and other crap I get confused on what I need or should put in it.

xwingband
11-22-2006, 08:00 PM
If you have a MR Vader with working electronics... USE THAT! The MR sound board will run the LED and it's a few solders to the LED.

Don't get confused with other talking... you have two options for lighting an LED: driver or a resistor. Resistor is stupid simple.

For drivers it's what type that gets lots of talk. If you are going to use an MR for sound that can drive the LED too. It's a conversion, just as simple as the tutorials. There are very few reasons not to use the MR. Keep it simple...

vortextwist
11-22-2006, 08:02 PM
awsome that is what I was looking for.