PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my saber to sound now

Rich
11-16-2014, 12:06 PM
I've finally placed an order for, and received, a lot of the upgrades that will be taking place to my saber to add sound to it. I'm excited. I just need some 4-40, switch box, and I'm eagerly awaiting the PCv3 to come back in stock...

Yorginsnarff
11-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Awesome! Please post some pics! I really what to see what the finished design (with sound) is :D

Rich
11-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Awesome! Please post some pics! I really what to see what the finished design (with sound) is :D

I definitely will. Just realized that I need a V3 heat sink, also. I thought I had one sitting around, but it's a V2. :(

cvsickle
11-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the PCv3 is most likely dead and never coming back in stock. Now before you get too upset, just know that even though it is dead, it will soon be reborn as the PCv3.5 :D

Looking forward to seeing how your project turns out!

Rich
11-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the PCv3 is most likely dead and never coming back in stock. Now before you get too upset, just know that even though it is dead, it will soon be reborn as the PCv3.5 :D

Looking forward to seeing how your project turns out!

Haha. I'm aware of it. Erv said that the batch for TCSS is shipping out VERY soon, and that they are all ready. I specifically asked him about the non PRIZM version, too. I don't want to use a single cell setup and like that it doesn't need a resistor for the LED.

cvsickle
11-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Even the regular PCv3.5 has the color profiles that were originally developed for PRIZM, which is going to be awesome with a color extender. I'm excited about all the new possibilities.

Rich
11-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Even the regular PCv3.5 has the color profiles that were originally developed for PRIZM, which is going to be awesome with a color extender. I'm excited about all the new possibilities.

I'll be excited about that when I decide to learn color mixing. LOL.
For now I'm still learning series vs parallel for the Tri rebel.