PDA

View Full Version : PC Prizm Wiring Diagram for my Dark Jedi Saber

blkmorgan
11-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Hey all, So i think ill be asking for gift certs for TCSS for xmas this year to pay for a saber with sound. With that being said, I have done lots of research, bought components for a simple PVC saber (almost finished and will post pics), and read every manual for the sound boards and have come up with this wiring diagram for the PC Prizm with a R/G/B Tri-Rebel, 3.7v 3400mAh 18650 Batt Pack, Recharge port, R.I.C.E. port, AV Latching with LED, AV Momentary with LED, and Premium Speaker. All the wires are color coded with a chart in the right hand corner and the resistors for the LED's are listed under the diagram. Thanks in advance. 10598

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-11-2014, 09:20 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the wiring diagram. However I think that you will have an issue with having a lot of JST connectors inside the saber, especially if you are using smaller diameter PVC.

blkmorgan
11-11-2014, 10:00 PM
This will be going in to a tcss saber. My pvc saber just has a battery pack, buck puck, LED Module and switch.

setelf3of5
11-11-2014, 10:31 PM
FJK is correct, 16 JST connectors is over kill, and will take up a ton of your space. Just use them on the most important things, that way they will be serviceable. Really 4 or 5 tops is enough to deal with any issues, and the rest can still be serviced by desoldering the items. Choosing wisely will create the space you need for an amazing saber! I can't wait to see your saber work!

blkmorgan
11-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Once I get the parts im going to do a test run without solder before I go permanent. Im doing this to save money when I buy future sabers so I don't have to buy a board everytime.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
11-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Once I get the parts im going to do a test run without solder before I go permanent. Im doing this to save money when I buy future sabers so I don't have to buy a board everytime.

Solder makes the world go around, and makes saber sound cards work reliably. ;)

Starwinder
11-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Solder makes the world go around, and makes saber sound cards work reliably. ;)

Yeah, i don't think you'll get very far if you're testing out the board without any solder ;-)

I definitely think you should reconsider all those JSTs. Believe me, you'll find that just four of them will eat up space that you thought you had.

blkmorgan
11-12-2014, 02:15 PM
What I meant by no solder is just a test fit. Im 99.9% sure on the wiring. I just want to take wire with all the JST connectors attached and feed them in a reasonable pattern inside the hilt to see if I have even slightest chance. If they all fit without looking like the back of my TV Stand then it's a go. Hahaha