PDA

View Full Version : Blade weight?

Ryma Mara
11-21-2006, 06:45 PM
HOw much does a 36-38" thickest walled blade weight?

987654321a
11-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Ok this has been discussed before. sorry for acting like a jerk but its been talked about a million times. Im quite frankly getting tired of these posts your making. i understand your new but please take some time and read.

james3
11-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Jester! Xwing! HEY GUYS! The torch has been passed! I love it! Does that mean we just put up our feet and hang out now? :D :twisted: :wink:

Lord Maul
11-21-2006, 09:59 PM
no, james, it means that xwing gets to use the old lock topic/ delete post feature he gets :wink:

987654321a
11-21-2006, 10:25 PM
me: i would like one derailment please.
Clerk: Anything else sir?
me: Dr. Pepper and popcorn

james3
11-21-2006, 10:51 PM
:twisted:

Did I hear Dr. Pepper and popcorn?

Firebird21
11-22-2006, 05:42 AM
HOw much does a 36-38" thickest walled blade weight?

It's about 1 p.... Oh look! A chicken!

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_snipersmile.gif .................................................. .......................... http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_turkey.gif

Ok this has been discussed before.

Link?

Like I said before, since the search button got messed up with the move, you have to give the http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_newbie.gifs more patience. They can't search the old posts without going threw them one by one.
This is where us http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_old.gif SOBs have to use our superior intellect http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_bs.gif and help them locate such information. Or just talk about it all over again so the search function will work again.

Crap. I don't even have a scale in my house that could measure it. :x

james3
11-22-2006, 06:15 AM
Are those chickens finally gettin to ya Firebird?

987654321a
11-22-2006, 10:55 AM
lol well you can still look at the topics the old fashion way just look at them and go to the different pages.

vortextwist
11-23-2006, 05:04 PM
I did a search for blade weight and couldn't find any information on it.

xwingband
11-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Not too discussed there since Tim only sells one weight/size for EL and LED. The search is not too good here either. It doesn't seem to get the old thread from before the switch too.

This recently came up on theforce.net's forums so I'll copy from there:

I have two identical MHS setups of an EL and LED. I used weights to make the hilts exactly the same. Breakdown for a 36 inch blade of all designs:

3/4" thinwall EL- Fairly light but even with mild swinging you get the bow factor. I don't like this setup at all, feels clumsey.

3/4" thickwall EL- This is the classic TCSS setup. Mildly heavy but not uncomfortable. Very dualable as shown by xwingbands "anger management" on the pole.

1" thinwall MR blade- After you take out the crap and use it for a Lux, it is wicked light. Could be the lightest blade out there but also not the best choice for "Gorilla" dualing. *This is not 36 inches but y'all knew that already*

1" thinwall LED- Still pretty dang light. My favorite for "showing off" with spins and such. Lighter then the EL blades and actually fairly decent at aggresive dualing. I have not had one break like an MR yet, but I have not used it with my brothers either.

1" thickwall LED- Again the classic TCSS setup. This is the heaviest, an EL is definatly lighter compared to it. Y'all already know what these things can do so I won't get in to all that. I just leave it with a customer of mine ended up in the ER for not listening to me.

Bottom line, EL's are heavier then the thinwall LED's but are not as heavy as the Thickwall like Zhi-don was referring to. If you are doing classes then the thickwall is the way to go.

While I'm thinking of it I need to try to get more things indexed... I'm going to do a round of adding tonight. PM me anything you think might be useful.

EDIT: I realize this is really generic, but it is useful. A thick walled LED blade is going using a fairly standard hilt balance past the hilt a few inches. It's more a balance issue than an actual weight issue. The blade itself is like a pound or less. It's nothing.

vortextwist
11-23-2006, 05:43 PM
I realize the weight is in relation to the length. (they won't be that heavy anyhow) but it took more time to tell him to look then it would to say not more than a lb.

I know people hate answering newb questions and seems most of them answer with "that has already been discused, look for it". If that was the case don't let the new guys post for a month or so. I know it is a little ranting but sometimes you just can't find what you are looking for, so a person has to ask questions. Isn't that what a forum is for?

xwingband
11-23-2006, 05:58 PM
I know, I know... it's a lose-lose situation.

Realize that you'll get sick of seeing the posts at some point too. The problem is it clutters the forum. The search already sucks. Just bear with me... I try to get a lot of this out of the way in the FAQ and Index.

It's not really a newb question either... most don't give a crap what their blade weighs until they get one and think it is too heavy. Eventually you gather as many blades as hilts. I know I have that many. :lol: