PDA

View Full Version : Switch question

Noyl Wendor
10-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Howdy,
I was digging around in my bin looking for a switch set up for a saber getting built, I came upon this http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHS-double-tactile-switch-ring-P897.aspx
Does any one know off hand the measurement between the two switches? In order to drill correct holes. Or a way of getting the proper measurement? My thought was to use calipers to get the correct distance to drill holes.
Never have used this set up, thought it might be nice to try, but don't want to do it at the cost of drilling and messing up a decent piece of MHS.
Any and all suggestions welcome :)

Strydur
10-30-2014, 11:01 PM
Its 90 deg.. so wrap a piece of paper around the hilt and mark it.. fold it in half at the mark and then in half again.. unfold and you have 4 equal marks and you use 2 of them next to each other which would give you 90deg.

Silver Serpent
10-31-2014, 05:20 AM
Wow. That's just amazingly easy and low tech. I was trying to figure out a solution for those switch rings myself and was going a much more complicated route. And this solution also works with shroud material! Thanks Tim!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
10-31-2014, 09:23 AM
Once upon a time, when these first came out, there was a matching "external ring" with two holes that perfectly matched the internal ring. All you had to do was tape it to the outside and then drill. I'm not sure if those are still available, but I'm sure they could be, if necessary.

Strydur
10-31-2014, 10:03 AM
Wow. That's just amazingly easy and low tech. I was trying to figure out a solution for those switch rings myself and was going a much more complicated route. And this solution also works with shroud material! Thanks Tim!

This is how I did stuff for years.. now I just do one hole and type G0 A90 on the mill and do the next hole =)

Noyl Wendor
11-01-2014, 05:16 PM
LOL :D So "low tec" is still in :p
Thank you ;)