PDA

View Full Version : Converting an ANH 2010 Luke Skywalker Removable blade

bazijoe
10-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Greatings Jediknights!

I'd like to convert my Hasbro Luke Skywalker ANH 2010 removable blade lightsaber. I found this instruction on the net and I need your help and advise about choosing the LED for my saber.(I can order the kit from the saberproject but i living in hungary and the postage is very high, so i have to do it on my own).

First question is what efficiency (watt) is the best for me, because I do not want to discharge the battery quickly. I found 1W, 3W, 5W Power LEDs, which would be the best choose?

1W:
Forward voltage: 3,2 V
amperage: 300 mA
Brightness: 70 lm
Beam Angle: 120 (degree)

3W:
Forward voltage: 3,2 V
amperage: 700 mA
Brightness: 100 lm

5W:
Forward voltage: 7,5 V
amperage: 700 mA
Brightness: 150 lm

I have seen some converting tutorial on this site and mostly I found the 8.7 degree lens, in my country I only found 5,10,25,30,45,90,120 (degree) lens and I do not want to order from abroad, from these lens which is the best for me?

tutorial link:
http://www.saberproject.de/en/sabersmith/fxlightsaberconversions/hasbro/lukeskywalkeranhwrbconversion#disassembling

Obi1
10-16-2014, 12:19 PM
P?link?s j? reggelt, kollega ?r! (just a friendly greeting, no hidden meaning)
First you should decide what you want to do with the saber. In case you want to use it as a showpiece, I would not touch it, those Hasbro/MR lightsabers ARE very good. If you you intend to do some serious full contact duelling, then converting to a High Power LED type is the right Thing to do (however they can never bring you back the same feeling of a lightsaber ignition). If you go for it, I would say go for at least 3W, depending on the light you want it will end up with between 700mA and 1A current. Nowadays people tend to build in a multi-dice star pcb, mostly multicolor, so you can do color mixing. As to the lens, I will look up what I've ordered last time for my multi-dice, I do now know fro the top of my hat. You can also drop me a pn. Magyarul is... :)