PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coating on top of media blasted parts

Viper138
10-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Jedi and Sith,
I'm in the process of creating my first saber and I really like the flat look of the silver media blasting. Has anyone seen the Gloss Jet Black or the Solar Flat Black on top of the media blasting? What effects does a non-glossy base do to the finish of the powder coating?

Thank you very much for your time and help!

May the Force be with you(or what ever floats your dark boat,if you're into that sort of thing ;) )!

Silver Serpent
10-09-2014, 12:10 PM
You'll want a translucent powder coating if you're getting media blasting as well. Other powder coatings, especially the matte finish, will completely obscure any media blasting.

Viper138
10-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Copy that! Thank you for the info! I wasn't sure if the media blasting would affect the color. I've noticed that you're very active in the forums and you help out with noobs like me a lot. That's really appreciated and please don't forget that;sometimes we need all the help we can get! -Viper

Silver Serpent
10-10-2014, 05:25 AM
I was in your shoes once too. I got help back when I started, and now I'm helping the next generation. Good luck with your build!

MandoJoe
10-10-2014, 06:09 AM
I was in your shoes once too. I got help back when I started, and now I'm helping the next generation. Good luck with your build!

Cue Star Trek: TNG theme music...

*Patrick Stewart Voice*

"Lightsabers...The most elegant weapon. These are the saber voyages of the lightsaber Saberprise. It's continuing duel, to build strange new sabers. To saber out new sabers and new sabersmiths. To boldly saber where no saber has sabered before."

Bahhhhhh dah dah dah, dah DAH DAHHHHHH!!!!! Buh da da da dun, dun, dun, dununuuuuuuun.....

Cire Yeldarb
10-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Cue Star Trek: TNG theme music...

*Patrick Stewart Voice*

"Lightsabers...The most elegant weapon. These are the saber voyages of the lightsaber Saberprise. It's continuing duel, to build strange new sabers. To saber out new sabers and new sabersmiths. To boldly saber where no saber has sabered before."

Bahhhhhh dah dah dah, dah DAH DAHHHHHH!!!!! Buh da da da dun, dun, dun, dununuuuuuuun.....

LOL! sorry, just had to say that that was great xD

Ty_Bomber
10-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Yeah MandoJoe, threadjack or not that was good.

MandoJoe
10-11-2014, 07:28 AM
*chuckle* Yeah. My bad. Couldn't help it. Back to the previous conversation....
/EndThreadJack

Viper138
10-11-2014, 08:07 AM
Is it truly a threadjack when the question is answered and we all get a kick out of it? :D Anyhow, I could just imagine American Dad Patrick Stewart narrating all of that. He's more kooky than Star Trek Patrick Stewart :rolleyes: