PDA

View Full Version : Sith Sorcerer (first saber)

Hellgeist
09-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Just finished my first custom lightsaber. This is my concept of the kind of saber a Sith Sorcerer might have wielded. I went with the idea that ancient Sith alchemy would have been powerful, and capable of really bending materials to the sorcerer's will, so I tried to made the organic and inorganic elements flow together.

I started with a piece of gemsbok horn for the handle, and modified some couplings from Shop here. The ports near the shroud are purple gemstones, and the engraved writing is in the Sith language. I have a character background for who carries this, but that is probably more appropriate for the costuming section.

This saber uses one rebel star LED and a Li-Ion battery, light-up momentary switch, and a recharge port. The sound card was salvaged from an old Hasbro Ultimate FX saber. The blade 33" long, made of thick walled polyC suitable for sparring. The hilt measures about 13".

Parts list:
MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 20 V2
MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 26
Luxeon Rebel Star
12mm Anti Vandal Momentary Purple Ring
4v Li-Ion Battery
Ultimate FX soundboard (salvaged from an Anakin)
Gemsbok horn
Resistors, wire, glass gems, scrap aluminum, etc.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Nice work.

snilam
09-29-2014, 03:49 PM
Nice I like it.

JakeSoft
09-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Looks really good. Did you use a white LED? The blade looks kind of purple in the picture, but it may be an illusion because of the gem stones.

Hellgeist
09-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Nice work.

Hellgeist
09-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Looks really good. Did you use a white LED? The blade looks kind of purple in the picture, but it may be an illusion because of the gem stones.

Thank you. I used a white Rebel Star, and added one light purple color disk. The color is easier to see on a non-black background, but some of it shows up in the glow. If that was a TriLED, i'd add another purple or a pink to that to make a more rich color.

Ty_Bomber
09-29-2014, 07:24 PM
This saber creeps me out, man.

Askew Wai
09-29-2014, 07:51 PM
That's a great organic-metal transition. Veins crawling towards the emitter and metal loops clawing back towards the pommel. The grip reminds me of Aliens. The purple eyes scattered all over its head are very creepy. Even the yellow part feels "wrong" in a good way.

Are those exposed threads at the transition? I've never seen that. It really makes sense here.

Sevinzol
09-29-2014, 08:40 PM
really nice. it looks ancient.

Starwinder
09-30-2014, 05:50 AM
awesomely done. Very organic and Sithy!

Yoshi-Taka
09-30-2014, 06:45 AM
I think my favourite part has to be the glass beads on the emitter. Very nice touch.

NewRepublicjedi
09-30-2014, 08:23 AM
I love the weathering

chicago.jedi
09-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Holy Sith! That looks awesome. Excellent execution of the concept.

Looks like something I would fear to touch.