PDA

View Full Version : Retribution, TheSilverDark's First Saber

TheSilverDark
09-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Ladies and gents, Corellians and Gungans and all manner of other beings, I present to you Retribution.
So this stunt saber suffered many design changes. It went from an extremely simple one, to the one you see now. My first design I wasn't all too happy about, but as I was going through my design book, I ran across an old design I really enjoyed which evolved into what you see now, which is one of the reasons it earned its name:)

The saber was originally going to be used in a mini-series my friend and I wanted to do, but since we scrapped the idea I decided to make this anyways. I was on a slim budget but I pulled it off as a stunt. I am really proud of it anyways. It's made with chrome sink tubes and a Style 19 blade holder attached using the MHS adapter. I attached a Covertech clip and a standard Mom/Latching switch. I built a wood chassis and used a copper cap heat sink (since I forgot to order a heat sink...). I use a white Luxeon Star LED with color discs. And so onto blade color.
Since it's impossible to get a good solid red with the color discs, I settled on this fiery-orange-red color, which I find very satisfying. The second color I chose was this goldish-yellowish color. The character that wields this was at one time a Jedi Sentinel who turned to the dark side.

And that's that! Thanks to everyone who put some input in this saber and everyone who advised me and helped out! :D

Sevinzol
09-28-2014, 09:17 PM
nice job.

Starwinder
09-29-2014, 06:01 AM
Congrats on getting it done! And nice design choice with the shrouds.

TheSilverDark
09-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks guys :)