PDA

View Full Version : Vader hilt parts

vortextwist
11-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I am getting a heiland 3 cell flash to repoduce a vader hilt and wanted to know if these parts will fit this unit. Also Would these parts fit any of the parts from tcss?

http://www.parksabers.com/mpppartskit_part.html

Lord Maul
11-19-2006, 03:09 PM
those parts would most likely fit the original heiland since they are "exact replicas" but you would need tim to do custom work for them to work. however, custom work by tim is inevitable with heilands since he doesn't have a conversion kit for them

vortextwist
11-19-2006, 03:11 PM
ya i pmed him about making a conversion kit, and what else I would need. Someone on here said he had made a few.

Lord Maul
11-19-2006, 03:13 PM
he has. you would need a heatsink, led, optics, power source, sound card, and a switch to make it work along with the blade holder

xwingband
11-19-2006, 04:13 PM
those parts would most likely fit the original heiland since they are "exact replicas" but you would need tim to do custom work for them to work. however, custom work by tim is inevitable with heilands since he doesn't have a conversion kit for them

The only custom work would be the blade holder. It's a simple lathe down to fit the tube.

Yes, those parts would fit the heiland. I don't think you should buy from Parks though... it'll take forever to get.

vortextwist
11-19-2006, 04:15 PM
ok where is a good place to get those parts. I know the emitter is sold here but I like the look of that one better. or even a chrome one.

xwingband
11-19-2006, 04:43 PM
http://www.blast-tech.com/products_cameraParts.asp

It's slightly more expensive but Blas-tech isn't a slack-off like Parks.

If you want sound though, it might be better to grab everything from off of an MR.

vortextwist
11-19-2006, 04:48 PM
i may have to. all the parts together would cost more than I paid for the heiland.

xwingband
11-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Oh, I know... it's a pain in the arse.

When I made my Heiland Vader it costed more and I didn't have very many places to go to. In fact because of the quality part I got I need a new clamp.

I'd suggest gutting an MR Vader too because you can get the switch box out of it and save plenty of work finding where else to mount a switch. :)

vortextwist
11-19-2006, 04:53 PM
ya i just found one on ebay for 69 bucks

jjshumpert
11-19-2006, 04:53 PM
your best bet will certainly be to grab a vader from dealtree on ebay, got my last one for 48 bucks shipped, and gutted the sound module and exterior parts for another hilt. the parts are plastic but much cheaper when you consider you get the trim pieces with a board that will run both sound and the led, when the parks kits is just trim parts and costs 80 bucks... if you want it more accurate look for king of parts on ebay, he has the clamp rods for 7.50 used one on my vader and it looks great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/MPP-CENTER-CLAMP-LEVER-MPP-HEILAND-GRAFLEX_W0QQitemZ250020372022QQihZ015QQcategoryZ99 971QQcmdZViewItem[url]

vortextwist
11-19-2006, 04:58 PM
what is deal tree. can't seem to find it

xwingband
11-19-2006, 05:00 PM
your best bet will certainly be to grab a vader from dealtree on ebay, got my last one for 48 bucks shipped, and gutted the sound module and exterior parts for another hilt. the parts are plastic but much cheaper when you consider you get the trim pieces with a board that will run both sound and the led, when the parks kits is just trim parts and costs 80 bucks... if you want it more accurate look for king of parts on ebay, he has the clamp rods for 7.50 used one on my vader and it looks great!

The clamp rod isn't accurate to any vader. :P In ANH they used a bent screw. :lol:

jjshumpert
11-19-2006, 05:04 PM
well just burst my fun bubble, thanks x! :D i cant remember which hilt had the clamp rod but it looks much better, even if you have to put it on the wrong side of the hilt

xwingband
11-19-2006, 05:13 PM
ANH had the lever, but the rod was a bent screw. With the ESB they kind of just added a washer and tightened the sucker down. ROTJ was a different animal.

I do admit the non-broken look is much nicer though.

jjshumpert
11-19-2006, 05:57 PM
i used the rod on mine, it looks awesome, gives a better kick off for the release backspin, and breaks up the black of the activation box really nicely, and is much better to deal with than the retainer pins that come with the mr... did the emitter cutouts today and it really brought out the style of the saber, and gives it an exposed crystal look with the 3w led directly behind it in the blade holder... pics to follow soon as i find the cam

elrond.406
11-19-2006, 08:21 PM
vortextwist, maybe you should try dealtree.com? :roll: