PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Awsome Switches/Buttons

SigmaSaberSmith
09-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Hello all.

First time Saber Smith here and I need some help finding some sweet switches/buttons now that I am getting down to the "details/greeblies" stage of my designs.

First let me just say that the switches offered by the CSS are AWESOME... they just don't fit with the style of my build.

I need a couple of different switches/buttons for a couple of different builds, two for each build; one for the main switch and one for the FoC. I am hoping to find something in metal (brass, silver and/or stainless steel), and possibly one or two that have LEDs built in.

Ideally said switches/buttons would be fairly small (say about 1/3 the size of a CSS AV switch) and as "flat/flush" as possible, sticking out of the hilt just far enough to be actuated.

MAIN POINT: I was wondering if anyone out there had a lead on a good supplier(s) for awesome switches/buttons/accent LEDs/greeblies (other than Home Depot/Lowe's etc.).

SIDE NOTE: Tips/tricks on how to install "non standard switches/buttons" would be great as well.

Thank you all so much in advance,

Sigma

(I posted this first in the "New to the Forums" section - because I am, obviously LOL - and only realized afterward that this might be a more appropriate place for this thread. Apologies.) :/

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Welcome to the Forums.

These forums are attached to a store. And we mainly cover items that are sold here in the store - or affiliated products. You may want to check out the forum guidelines when you get a chance. I'm confident that you should be able to find what you are looking for if you search around the Internet enough, it's what most good saber smiths do. ;)

I see see this has also been asked on FX, that is a "better place" for your question.

Darth Maul
11-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Hey I need some help and I'm not sure where to post this, but I need a activation switch for my Darth Maul master replica. The black piece that the red cap sits on broke and I can't fix it.

setelf3of5
11-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Welcome Sigma, if you do eventually find what you are looking for Post some pic's so all of us can see your work.