PDA

View Full Version : TheSilverDark's First Build...Ever...

TheSilverDark
09-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Well all my parts (that I actually remembered to order) came in yesterday for my saber! I was really excited!....then I realized I forgot the heat sink....but anywho, I decided to start building anyways.
For the electronics I'm using a white Luxeon Star, 1000ma BuckPuck, a latching switch, and a 18650 pack. For the heat sink I was planing on using a copper cap to act as the heat sink as well as a holder....anyone wanna stop me from blowing my hand off?
For the external beauty parts I'm using pretty much all sink tube parts, a few painted slip joints and the blade holder style 19 (it looks amazing Tim thanks!). In addition to those I have a covertech clip for fun :p. For now I'm off to go perform some dremel-fu! Wish me luck!

Silver Serpent
09-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Nah, copper caps work just fine as heatsinks in hardware sabers. Best of luck in your build, and looking forward to seeing pics!

TheSilverDark
09-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Thanks Serpent. I didn't actually get a lot done yesterday cause of school and gym, but I intend to do some work today...and thanks for the advice on the copper cap I was a bit nervous about that.

TheSilverDark
09-13-2014, 01:13 PM
1043510435Well this has turned into more of a "half-way there" thread. I've cut out my shroud and my body! All I need to do is make the chassis, wire the electronics, and paint the slip joints then I can put it all together! Really excited.

ShogunLogan
09-15-2014, 04:39 AM
looks like some nice clean cutts you got there! i cant tell if thats all chrome or did you sand it down to make it copper color. either way looks great.

Silver Serpent
09-15-2014, 06:50 AM
Looking good so far. Be sure to sand the sharp edges of those cutouts, or you'll need to wear gloves with that saber. :)

Unless you like using blood as a weathering agent on your saber...

TheSilverDark
09-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Naw, its all chrome, its just reflecting from the table :p

Hmm....blood as a weathering agent >:), and I already sanded those edges to its all good :). I finished painting the slip joints so I will have to do some glueing later but when the body is done I will post a picture.

TheSilverDark
09-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Well I finished putting this together and I will be posting some pictures of it. Would you guys mind helping me think of a name and the blade color (Besides red)?

TheSilverDark
09-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Here's the picture!10479

MrCafe
09-26-2014, 06:16 PM
nice build so far. I think a yellow or cyan would look good with the brass parts. As for the name that has to the makers call IMO as each saber is a personal item. I just think of a charector that would own the saber. Think of how he may have lived when using it, what it was used for, kinda giving it a personality. This helps me a lot when having to name a crafted item.

TheSilverDark
09-27-2014, 09:51 AM
There actually isn't any brass, it's all chrome, my house is just filled with brown paint that got reflected :p and yes, I think I'm going to settle for a gold-yellow colored blade :) Name: Retribution, has a nice ring to it I think.

Rich
10-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Looks pretty good so far. I like the shroud on it.