PDA

View Full Version : Nano Biscotte V2 wiring /w noob FOC question.

SamNeale
09-07-2014, 05:31 PM
So I am new to the saber scene and I am planing my first build.
I am looking to wire the nano biscotti v2 with the additional FOC.
Been studying the manuals (and this great diagram below,) am I correct that the negative and positive on the board will have to have 3 wires coming off them? is that actually possible with how much current will be drawn?
Thanks in advance for any wisdom :D

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-07-2014, 05:49 PM
First off, Welcome to the Forums.

Ideally you wouldn't have all three wires terminate at the solder pad, you would branch them more like a tree. Depending on which color LED's you will use, all three will get slightly less voltage while you have FoC running.

SamNeale
09-07-2014, 06:13 PM
First off, Welcome to the Forums.

Ideally you wouldn't have all three wires terminate at the solder pad, you would branch them more like a tree. Depending on which color LED's you will use, all three will get slightly less voltage while you have FoC running.
Firstly thank you so much for the quick response these kind of questions must get old, but i couldn't find the answers anywhere.
One follow up question about branching them off correctly, do you just solder two wires onto the end of one etc?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-07-2014, 06:22 PM
One follow up question about branching them off correctly, do you just solder two wires onto the end of one etc?

As long as you insulate them (use heat shrink) properly, that's how I typically do it.