PDA

View Full Version : knurling

obi-wan keN00Bi
09-02-2014, 11:44 AM
i am currently planning to do some knurling on the top end of my style 5 hilt and was wondering if anyone else on the forum has done the same (im sure some of you have) and if they/you would have any tips or recommendations on how to do it or a specific brand of tool. I have not Knurled before but i am willing to apply my brain and learn.
any help will be appreciated

Silver Serpent
09-02-2014, 11:47 AM
I know it's offered as a service in the store: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Diamond-Knurling-P540.aspx

As for how it's done, I don't know much about it other than it's done on a metalworking lathe with some kind of specialized tooling.

obi-wan keN00Bi
09-02-2014, 11:55 AM
ive looked into the tools and they seem to be more expensive than the service so im definitely going to going with tim's service thanks silver once again you have saved a n00b some money!

Strydur
09-02-2014, 03:03 PM
The knurling we offer in the store is not really the same as what you would get with a lathe. We do it on the mill with a engraving tool.

Gnar-Gnar Gin
09-02-2014, 04:42 PM
I've found that the services that Tim offers in house are greatly superior in quality and cheaper in price than doing it yourself... especially if you don't already have the tooling. I'd with Tim for all my services that I can't already do myself...