PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new, nice to meet you ^^

AkiraNasuki
08-31-2014, 05:52 PM
Heya, first off i'm glad I've finally manage to make an account and get onto the forums at last ^^.

I'm interested in a building a lightsaber and i've spoke to a few commissioners, I have been told that this community it would be best to get involved with TCSS and get help with my project.

Basically I'm one of the few fans of the new Sword Art Online II Anime and now that the adaptation of the Novel has been released a few fans have taken up the interest in building a lightsaber.

I wish to replicate the Kagemitsu G4 Lightsaber that Kirito uses within the Novel and Anime and use it as a prop for cosplay that is durable for combat (I take priority on durability of my product) and I would like it to include Sound and lighting effects.

I seen a few people using 3D printers to replicate the Casing and since I can't do that I did consider crafting from a pipe but then I found out about TCSS and pretty much gathered a list of parts base on suggestions from other people on other Saber Forums.

The Blue part of the Body will be black and the blade will be purple, I've been told I can achieve this with a RGB LED. The problem is the Activation switch, the switch is a slide switch on the emitting end of the hilt, although I could compensate and alter it into a normal switch.

The list I have are:

Blade - 1"thick walled trans white polyC 40" Long Blade
I'm going get both the Round and bullet tips
Hilt Style 1 7 inch with a 16mm AV Switch Hole
Purple Rind Switch (not sure if this is ok)
Blade Holder style 2 (I believe I was told I needed a heat synch)
Pommel Powder Style 4
Nanobisc sound board

I do have experience with electronics so assembling it will be fine (but I prefer having a visual guide than a written one) also not sure which speaker/battery holder would be ideal not to mention the need for charge port.

Another concern is the expose screw detail on the Pommel, I had suggested gluing it to another pommel but other's were skeptic at the idea so I would like some suggestions. As the the grey parts that detail the guard, I was thinking of using other non-metallic material to detail the hilt, although i'm a bit stress over how to create the blue ring emitter at the top... other than that creating the main blue (in black) body as a base shouldn't be a problem.

Also I've taken a real liking to the Crystal Chamber designs especially ArkLightArsenal's but with my level of skill, I feel I shouldn't be to ambitious and should start off simple them develop it further and create a crystal core that can be ejected from the hilt.

To be honest, i'm a bit lost so I would love appreciate every bit of help and advice before ordering the parts and building the saber.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-31-2014, 06:10 PM
First off, Welcome to the Forums.

I would suggest you try playing with the MHS builder and see what you come up with that would loosely resemble the saber you posted. Maybe you can have Strydur (the owner here) do some custom work to help you get closer to what you ideally want.

The Nano Biscotti sound board (like all the other boards sold here) comes with a manual that is linked in the store. I have also posted a couple of different types of wiring diagrams under the Saber Sound section of the forums, depending on what you want to wire to the sound card.

You would be better of keeping it simple to start, since this is your first build. ArklightArsenal's works (I know him by his screen name "Goodman") are definitely in the professional category, however he is now basically retired from building sabers.

AkiraNasuki
08-31-2014, 06:42 PM
I've already checked the MHS Builder, i'm quite satisfied with the looks of the main body, the parts inside is a slight concern for me because i'm not 100% sure of what parts I would need.

If possible I would like to know how to speak with Strydur, wouldn't hurt to ask about custom makes, though as a University student... there pretty much a limit to my budget.

Also I agree, whilst I admire his work and a bit sad to hear he has retired, I totally agree with the fact that I should start simple.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-31-2014, 07:05 PM
You can email Tim at sales@thecustomsabershop.com.

You need a speaker, a momentary switch, a battery (typically the board you want to use, most people use the 18650 battery), and you would need to choose what color you want your blade to be.

AkiraNasuki
09-01-2014, 06:56 AM
the colour of the blade will be purple as depicted in illustrations and the adaptation of the series.

I was advised by people to use an RGB LED and set it so that it emits a purple light.

As for Speaker, i'm still deciding on which one to have whilst momentary switch is for the soundboard? I was told that one switch wasn't enough so this means I would need one for the LED and another for the sound.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-01-2014, 07:03 AM
No, the NB only uses one switch. Also getting purple will mean some soldering on your part, and use of resistors.

AkiraNasuki
09-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Soldering isn't an issue, working out resistors might (it been years since i've worked on electronic circuits)

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Ohm's law is your friend, better read up on it.

AkiraNasuki
09-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Ok, i'm going email Tim when I get the free time to do so :)

I was also wondering, what would the waiting time be for delivery of the parts to the UK if I were to purchase it from here ^^?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Ok, i'm going email Tim when I get the free time to do so :)

I was also wondering, what would the waiting time be for delivery of the parts to the UK if I were to purchase it from here ^^?

It all depends on what you are having done, Tim would be best to talk to about that.

AkiraNasuki
09-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Heya!

Just a quick question, was talking to someone and they mentioned flat spots.

What do they mean by this?

Sorry for asking a stupid question if it is one x.x

Forgetful Jedi Knight
09-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Flat spots? in regards toy what exactly?

AkiraNasuki
09-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Thats the thing that confused me when I was going through the lightsaber building plan...

AkiraNasuki
09-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Ok I got my list of things that i'm buying atm...

Sadly the Nano Bisco's are out of stock and i kinda confused with what to do with electronics list now...

I got Blade, tip, Blade Holder, Main Body, Switch and Pommel. Any advise on what to include?