PDA

View Full Version : power questions

little wan
08-22-2014, 11:25 AM
So i have been looking round the forums and on the resistor chart but i have only gone and confused myself. My main question is for these amounts of electronic parts in my saber will i need a 3.7 or 7.4v battery and whether i should use resistors or a buckpuck. My parts are:
Tri rebel - rgb
Yellow dot av latching switch
Nano biscotte
2w speaker
Thank you

Gnar-Gnar Gin
08-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Nano Biscotte go with a 3.7v battery, 7.4 will make the board unhappy :)

Also resistors with this setup, wire parallel and use http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz to calculate the resistors needed

Gnar-Gnar Gin
08-22-2014, 11:39 AM
My parts are:
Tri rebel - rgb
Thank you

What color are you trying to get?

little wan
08-22-2014, 11:42 AM
What color are you trying to get?

Mixing green and blue for an icy aqua marine, so the 3.7 will power all my listed components?

Silver Serpent
08-22-2014, 11:50 AM
It will. You will need to wire the green and blue in parallel. Go for the 18650 battery if you can fit it in your saber, as it will give you the longest runtime.

little wan
08-24-2014, 03:40 PM
It will. You will need to wire the green and blue in parallel. Go for the 18650 battery if you can fit it in your saber, as it will give you the longest runtime.

I am installing a rice port so for dark fonts i will be using a dark profile with a red light to match so should i wire all the lights?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-24-2014, 05:32 PM
The NB doesn't have the functionality for RICE. Also you can't "change" between colors, like you can on a PC or a Crystal Focus.

little wan
08-25-2014, 02:22 AM
The NB doesn't have the functionality for RICE. Also you can't "change" between colors, like you can on a PC or a Crystal Focus.
Oh god thank you i just assumed thatit could, youhave saved me quite a bit of $, but most other things are supported right? basic things like aux buttons/sounds i mean.

Silver Serpent
08-25-2014, 06:53 AM
The NB uses a single momentary switch. You don't use a latching switch with it, and you can't use two switches.

I would recommend reading the manual thoroughly before starting.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-25-2014, 08:42 AM
The NB uses a single momentary switch. You don't use a latching switch with it, and you can't use two switches.

I would recommend reading the manual thoroughly before starting.

I agree with SS, you need to read the manual over thoroughly and carefully.