PDA

View Full Version : Exposed Crystal Chamber Tutorial Requested

Experienced Noob
08-01-2014, 05:40 PM
I've always wanted to make a lightsaber that had an exposed crystal chamber, but I have no idea how I'd do it. I've flipped through the gallery and seen so many amazing sabers that have them. Could anyone give me some pointers on how to go about this?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-01-2014, 05:47 PM
It's typically a test of your creativity. Think of it as a Jedi (or Sith) Trial.

What you will need is a small crystal, a small LED to light said crystal, something(s) to hold the crystal in place (many types of bits and bobs will do) a way to run wires through your chamber to get them wherever they need to go and a way to hold all that together and keep it secure in the hilt.

Since I'll be doing a couple of "instructional" videos this weekend, I'll see what I can do.

Experienced Noob
08-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Many thanks! I'll be sure to watch those.

craig139
08-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Forgetful Jedi Knight - Do you post these on this site or do you have a youtube channel that one could subscribe to?

craig139
08-03-2014, 10:10 AM
I've always wanted to make a lightsaber that had an exposed crystal chamber, but I have no idea how I'd do it. I've flipped through the gallery and seen so many amazing sabers that have them. Could anyone give me some pointers on how to go about this?

I am working on a crystal chamber based on the double male with slots extensions in the shop. I figure on lighting it with the accent LED supply from an NB sound board.

Obi1
08-03-2014, 12:46 PM
I would also love to see a video with some hints&instructions, I'm a bit creatively challanged when it comes to machining small things and I guess one Needs to do that for a nice crystal chamber. Thanks a lot Forgetful Jedi Knight in advance!

Bandit_Grey
08-04-2014, 04:07 AM
I second everyone elses thoughts here... I love seeing the build progress threads here, and some videos documenting design and fabrication of hilts would be killer.

EDIT: My husband usually helps me with this stuff because I don't know how to use most of his tools, but while he is gone, some tutorials on using dremels for carving up shrouds would be cool =D... I think I saw one on here once, but my search-fu is failing me...