PDA

View Full Version : Tri Rebel Purple Blade Wiring Check

Wickedreamz
08-01-2014, 11:16 AM
HI,

So im looking into making a purple blade for my daughters lightsaber and this will be my first attempt. Ill be using a NBV2 @3.7v. Color seperation isnt a concern.
Can i have the wiring confirmed before starting? Also, does it matter which positive pad I use for the wire going to the board? My diagram has the wire coming of the positive red pad.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-01-2014, 11:24 AM
The LEDs will need to be wired in parallel, and resistored accordingly. both the blue and red (+) should be going to the board.

Wickedreamz
08-01-2014, 01:26 PM
The LEDs will need to be wired in parallel, and resistored accordingly. both the blue and red (+) should be going to the board.

So I revised my dia and if I'm understanding correctly the wiring should be like what i have pictured, hopefully.

Thanks in advance for any help

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Eliminate the yellow line, and the (-) on top should go straight to the board.

Wickedreamz
08-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Are the negatives fine in parallel?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
08-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Are the negatives fine in parallel?

Yes, they would be fine in parallel.

ScopesMapeo
08-01-2014, 06:22 PM
For what it's worth, you might find that you get a better shade / a more "purple" purple if you got your hands on a Royal Blue/Red/Green Tri-rebel or Tri-Cree LED.

The royal blue LED has less green in it than a straight-up blue LED. The lack of green and/or absence of green brings out the more vibrant purple tones.

Wickedreamz
08-04-2014, 07:48 PM
For what it's worth, you might find that you get a better shade / a more "purple" purple if you got your hands on a Royal Blue/Red/Green Tri-rebel or Tri-Cree LED.

The royal blue LED has less green in it than a straight-up blue LED. The lack of green and/or absence of green brings out the more vibrant purple tones.

Thanks for the input! I'm actually going with a RbGW