PDA

View Full Version : dis-assembling the battery pack on the luke rotj 2005 fx and

Thoto
11-11-2006, 10:18 PM
replacing the speaker. It a desperate attempt to push through an led holder to the top, i put the battery pack in, covered it with a cloth as to not damage the speaker, and smashed it in with a hammer. Well, the cloth didnt work heh. In any case, i now need to disassemble the battery pack and replace the speaker So far ive only been able to remove the screws at the top and remove the little plastic things that were held on with glue. I cant figure the rest out. I also need to know where i could get a speaker to replace the one i destroyed with. The little metal ring on the outside is pushed in a little but i think i can just set that back in place with some glue, correct me if i am wrong however.

Thanks in advance.

Lord Maul
11-11-2006, 10:30 PM
here is a link to a topic where we discussed how to take em apart. unfortunately, it looks like ambo deleted the pics, oh well, he wrote how to do it as well.
there is also a linky on where to get good replacement speakers on this thread
http://thecustomsa.web133.discountasp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1466

Thoto
11-11-2006, 10:51 PM
all i can really gather from that topic is that i need to cut somthing, and then pop off the bottom part covering the speakers, and im not even sure that thats a good interpretation. The links to the ebay dealer that sells the speakers however did help.

Lord Maul
11-11-2006, 10:57 PM
you cut on the seam of the plastic with an X-Acto knife and pop off the speaker grill. if you look at the grill, the piece that it is attached to just clips on. if you pop it off then you'ss see the speaker. once you've done that you cut on the plastic seam left from gluing the parts together.
hope that clears it up a bit, it really sucks that ambo deleted the pics

Thoto
11-11-2006, 11:08 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/Thoto1/000_0089.jpg

from that picture could you just point out where im cutting? Like i said its already split down the sides, its just the very end thers giving me trouble.

Lord Maul
11-11-2006, 11:12 PM
can you pull off the black piece that holds the grill? once you do that then there will be three little screws. unscrew them and see what happens. it might be that you only need to cut on the three cell models.

Thoto
11-12-2006, 12:13 AM
ok, i got it. i put the thing back together without the speaker hwoever and it wont even turn on. did i mess up, or is this normal?

Lord Maul
11-12-2006, 10:24 AM
do clo or someone like that could tell you for sure but i believe that since teh circut has been destroyed by removing the speaker it won't work.

Thoto
11-12-2006, 12:22 PM
i was wrong, apparently i have to keep the led holder in a certain rotation to have it work.

Lord Maul
11-12-2006, 12:36 PM
sounds good, post pics of the saber when finnished

Thoto
11-12-2006, 03:05 PM
I will. It should be finished now but i messed up on the little plastic emitter thing taht covers the screws and i had to re paint it. tomarrow ill be able to put it on and sharpie in the little black stripes. I wrapped electric tape around the orange emitter part, the black emitter part jstu blelow it, and then the area underneath the switch for extra grippage, and its black so it complements the blade. I also spray painted the orange emitter part black, and spray painted the little rubber thing i said i had messed up silver.

Ambo
11-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Pyle: you cut on the seam of the plastic with an X-Acto knife and pop off the speaker grill. if you look at the grill, the piece that it is attached to just clips on. if you pop it off then you'ss see the speaker. once you've done that you cut on the plastic seam left from gluing the parts together.
hope that clears it up a bit, it really sucks that ambo deleted the pics

Many links of mine were cut when i re-organized my Photobucket.....pics re-posted.[/i]

Lord Maul
11-12-2006, 04:21 PM
pics re-posted

thanks ambo