PDA

View Full Version : Just a question about Lio-ion battery pack making?

bionicmad
07-28-2014, 06:35 AM
Hello just a quick noob question what would be the best way to solder the wires to battery when making a PCB battery. I wondered if copper tape could do what is needed as that can fold and stick to the battery. I viewed the thread that shows how to make them but I want to know what to use other than a camera battery clip to connect the wires to the PCB. It is for a single cell 3.7v battery if that helps with my question.

Silver Serpent
07-28-2014, 06:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSp9hRKkYDM&feature=channel_page

Key steps:

1. Scratch the battery terminals with sandpaper or a file. You want a slightly roughened surface to solder.

2. Apply solder flux. This will help get a good solder joint before you overheat the battery.

3. Pretin your wire. If you're not already doing this for EVERY solder joint, please start.

4. Use a hot iron. If your iron hasn't come up to temperature yet, then don't start. If you have an adjustable temp iron, consider dialing it up a bit.

5. Test the connection afterwards by pulling gently. If it comes loose, start over.

bionicmad
07-28-2014, 07:00 AM
Thanks that's a good video as well now I know I don't need to waste some money on copper tape.