PDA

View Full Version : saber sounds and corbin

chase
11-11-2006, 01:17 PM
im pretty sure about 9348934 people have asked this question but i cant seem to find it in the forums....

do you need both the the luxeon 3w driver and the MR FX sound module to have sound and the effects such as clash and coring and retract and such? if someone could help...that would be great...thanks

xwingband
11-11-2006, 01:25 PM
If you want both extension and retraction plus sound then yes. Corbin's board (3W driver) only handles the LED. You need a separate board to do sound.

chase
11-11-2006, 01:30 PM
thanks for the ultra speedy reply...ive been here for 2 minutes and got a reply...thats insane. you guys are awesome

Madcow
11-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Welcome!
You ain't seen nothin yet!

BTW - you can do a saber with sound and LED only using the MR sound board... not to knock Corbin's stuff (driver) - he's awesome. Just thought it might simplify things for you. Space permiting - you can always add corbins driver in later.

MC

987654321a
11-11-2006, 03:26 PM
corbins driver is like life, its beautiful lol. i would recomend you pick one up

Lord Maul
11-11-2006, 09:33 PM
if you want to use the driver adn sound then you could either
A) buy a MR sound card and hook it up or
B) buy a hasbro saber, gut it, and take the sound card from it

but MC is right, it would be easier and look just as good, maybe a tiny bit worse, to just use the MR sound board for both sound and driving the led

chase
11-12-2006, 12:27 PM
so tell me about this MR thing....it does both what the sound card and driver does eh? where would i find such a thing? i have a ton of hasbro sabers but i hate the clash effect where it flashes...i wouldnt want that with my saber....

Lord Maul
11-12-2006, 12:33 PM
the master replicas (MR) sound card has sound and a very faint power up/power down effect. if you want a really noticable extend/retract effect then you'll want to go with corbins driver.
if you want to buy a MR sound card then go to ebay and buy a broken fx saber. there are two different sound cards, sith and jedi. choose a sith saber for sith sounds and jedi saber for jedi sounds.
FYI - the jedi sound card has 4 clash sounds and the sith only has one

xwingband
11-12-2006, 01:08 PM
so tell me about this MR thing....it does both what the sound card and driver does eh? where would i find such a thing? i have a ton of hasbro sabers but i hate the clash effect where it flashes...i wouldnt want that with my saber....

You can run the LED off of the MR sound board. It's just like a conversion... instead of the string you have the one luxeon. Just like the standard MR though it has zero effects.

There is a minute extend/retract because it's still lighting it like the string, but it's hardly there. In fact some will not even tell, especially when compared to corbin's board.

987654321a
11-12-2006, 01:17 PM
the master replicas (MR) sound card has sound and a very faint power up/power down effect. if you want a really noticable extend/retract effect then you'll want to go with corbins driver.
if you want to buy a MR sound card then go to ebay and buy a broken fx saber. there are two different sound cards, sith and jedi. choose a sith saber for sith sounds and jedi saber for jedi sounds.

pyle what are you talking about? the sith sabers dont have only 1 clash they have many. this includes the vader and the maul. dont post crap that you dont know, sure maybe the hasbro sound cards are like that but the MR's arent.

xwingband
11-12-2006, 01:21 PM

pyle what are you talking about? the sith sabers dont have only 1 clash they have many. this includes the vader and the maul. dont post crap that you dont know, sure maybe the hasbro sound cards are like that but the MR's arent.

The Vader MR has one clash sound... thus the Maul too.

You should be :oops:

SilentBob501
11-12-2006, 01:26 PM
You can argue with me here if you want, but I believe there are 2 jedi sound boards. Theyre similar but slighty different. My Luke sound board I bought here sounds exactly like my Mace and a broken Anakin saber i recently bought. However, my orginal Anakin that I converted a couple months ago, (its the version with a DIN plug in it) has a deeper hum, is louder, and has a different sounding power up/down. Like I said, you can disagree with me if you like, but Ive done rigorous comparisons.

987654321a
11-12-2006, 01:30 PM
omg i was completely thinking about something else, i was thinking about the sound when you move it. my bad everyone.

Lord Maul
11-12-2006, 04:24 PM
ha, CD got owned.

silentbob - james and i already argued over this one. ultra came in in the end and said that there are only 2 sound boards, the sith and the jedi. the only difference in the sounds is due to the echo or somethin like that.

987654321a
11-12-2006, 08:02 PM
well pyle i didnt get owned but i just was in a different state of mind.

james3
11-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Pyle. You are not worthy of comments such as that.
For one, Countdown didn't get owned if it was a legit goof. And two, he admitted said goof an hour before you felt compelled to spout off.

Now as for the FX sound board thing.

First off, using a Corbin driver for the LED and the FX for sound is like the Supreme setup. You get about as good as it gets for a 3watt setup.

For a bit less complex setup use the FX board.

There are some other options as well.

I have some more info on the FX I will have soon.

SilentBob501
11-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Well Maul, all I can say is your not here listening to both of them. They sound clearly different to me, and if you dont have sabers to compare yourself than you really cant say anything intelligent on the matter.

chase
11-13-2006, 10:48 AM
so i can buy a broken fx saber and have the same effects as a corbin? or worse than corbin? if im going to spend money on my lightsaber...i want it to be awesome. what do yous guys suggest? i want all the effects...coring, clash, extend, retract, everything!

james3
11-13-2006, 10:56 AM
If you want all the snitz, then use Corbin's driver to run the LED. Use the MR/FX for sound.

There are some new things coming but for now that is the top dawg.

chase
11-13-2006, 11:01 AM
awesome...also have you had any problems with the wires breaking inside the lightsaber, mine have like 3 times. kinda annoying. i have to order a new switch now....it broke right at the switch so i cant fix it.

james3
11-13-2006, 11:46 AM
I use a 20 guage solid for my wiring which is pretty heavy duty. I also secure my connections and all the components. So far the only wires that have broken on me have been the speaker wires when I don't get the batt pack and speaker slid in together which is just dumb on my part.

Use hot glue on your switches and other wiring along with some bubble wrap. You should have better luck.

Lord Maul
11-13-2006, 03:25 PM
They sound clearly different to me, and if you dont have sabers to compare yourself than you really cant say anything intelligent on the matter.

i have the maul, vader, luke rotj, and anakin rots silentbob. they do sound slightly different but they have the exact same sound effects, just different pitch which is due to the speaker, not the sound card

SilentBob501
11-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Ahh, but you dont have the two different anakin versions, do you?

Lord Maul
11-13-2006, 05:02 PM
nope, but even ultra agrees with me and he has handled pretty much every single version of the MRs there is

james3
11-13-2006, 05:39 PM
And Pyle wonders why noone likes him on here. go figure.

Bob, while there are folks that have access to a heck of a lot more FX cards then myself, I agree that there are more then one Jedi soundcard.

Do-Clo
11-13-2006, 05:44 PM
I can say from working with them that the anakin sound board is different from the luke sound board in the way they sound and the sounds that they have.