PDA

View Full Version : Darth Revan

oubliette
11-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Just finished this up, and wore it yesterday. And the photo isn't dark.. it's "moody". :P

http://www.the-oubliette.net/images/Revan/LordRevan.jpg

-Xeco

Lord Maul
11-06-2006, 06:50 PM
dude :shock: that thing is awesome!!!!!
i mean ya even got a custom lux saber with what looks like corbin film in it.
rock on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

james3
11-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Brilliant!

That is just great. more pics if ya got em.

oubliette
11-06-2006, 06:53 PM
dude :shock: that thing is awesome!!!!!
i mean ya even got a custom lux saber with what looks like corbin film in it.
rock on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ha.. yes, that is Corbin film, though, there's a woman under that mask... :P

http://www.the-oubliette.net/images/Revan/Revanmasklessalt.jpg

xwingband
11-06-2006, 06:58 PM
hah, I though so. Normally a guys hips aren't that big.

gstealer
11-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Sweet on both counts...lol

Any close ups of the mask and tips on the armor..
I'd like to do Reven for next year

Firebird21
11-06-2006, 07:04 PM
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_jawdrop.gif

No Snitz...

xwing, that's not exactly the way to wisper sweet notings into a woman's ear... http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_shake.gif

oubliette
11-06-2006, 07:08 PM
hah, I though so. Normally a guys hips aren't that big.

*cry!* ha ha. yah am cursed with hips. It makes the waist armor a little tough as it should go down a little lower... but doesn't. lol

As far as being Darth Revan.. check the 'Flagship Eclipse" boards here (http://flagshipeclipse.com/forum/index.php). So far.. there aren't too many of us (Revan) but there are links to several tutorials and I've posted the stage photos for the mask, here (http://oubliette.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album05)

-Xeco

xwingband
11-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Well... I was observing. :P I was wondering why Revan was built wrong.

I think we all agree chicks with sabers can't be wrong. :)

oubliette
11-06-2006, 07:10 PM

HA HA HA.. Built wrong? Mister.. a Sith Lord is never wrong. :twisted:

-Xeco

james3
11-06-2006, 07:10 PM
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_roflmfao.gif

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_agree.gifwith Firebird I do.

KICK BUTT REVAN!!!!

xwingband
11-06-2006, 07:15 PM

HA HA HA.. Built wrong? Mister.. a Sith Lord is never wrong. :twisted:

-Xeco

And Tarkin said the Death Star was indestructable. :twisted:

Great costume though! I think I might reach for my saber if you approached in the costume.

Firebird21
11-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Xeco, I have to agree with xwing...

That doesn't look right on you.

It would look better on my floor! http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_browsmiley.gif

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_finger.gif

oubliette
11-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Great costume though! I think I might reach for my saber if you approached in the costume.

Thanks, fear is the greatest compliment a girl can strive for in my opinion :twisted:

-Xeco

james3
11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
All I know is that the Brotherhood has a sister and they are going to flip when they see these pics!

xwingband
11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Xeco, I have to agree with xwing...

That doesn't look right on you.

It would look better on my floor! http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_browsmiley.gif

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_finger.gif

Aren't you married? :P

Firebird21
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Aren't you married? :P

I had to show you how it's done. http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink3.gif

I just don't know what "it" is...

Or at the very least, try and dig yourself out.

xwingband
11-06-2006, 07:31 PM
hah, you're the one that propositioned her...

She beat me to the punch. I was going to ask if there was a girl under the mask.

james3
11-06-2006, 07:33 PM
OH SNITZ!

This is going to get good. oubliette, I see that you registered a while back so I hope you know already that we are all nuts! :lol:

Firebird, put the beer down bro.

xwing, pick it up :lol:

Also, great pics on the album.

oubliette
11-06-2006, 07:35 PM
All Star Wars costumers are nuts. I've known that for years. We're all essentially in Neverland, blowing all out cash to look like movie / video game / comic book characters and NOT on halloween. Yah.. nuts is a good thing.

Wolverine
11-06-2006, 07:41 PM
oubliette,
are you a member of the 501st "Sith Lord Detachment"?
If so, what is your "Handle" there?

oubliette
11-06-2006, 07:47 PM
oubliette,
are you a member of the 501st "Sith Lord Detachment"?
If so, what is your "Handle" there?

I'm not,... YET. I put in for enlistment last night. I'll let ya know when I have it. Shouldn't take too long.

Wolverine
11-06-2006, 08:01 PM
I agree,
your costume definately meets, and exceeds the standards. 8)
Good luck. I see no problems for you getting in. :wink:

987654321a
11-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Sweet on both counts...lol

Any close ups of the mask and tips on the armor..
I'd like to do Reven for next year

did someone say count???

oh and btw nice and i mean really nice costume.[/b]

Do-Clo
11-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Oubliette, your Revan costume looks very nice, very nice indeed.

:shock: 8) :)

GFORCE13
11-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Oubliette, your Revan costume looks very nice, very nice indeed. I have to agree, let me just say "Impresive most Impressive" and I know about us crazy fans/costumers since I have also been part of the Renaissance Faire Community as well, It seems I spend more time in Costume/Charachter than I do in street clothes. :lol:

oubliette
11-07-2006, 05:44 AM
Hey look! well lit photos that don't wash out my features!!

Revan, easy on the eyes. :P
http://www.the-oubliette.net/images/Revan/maskoff.jpg

Ohhh spooky.
http://www.the-oubliette.net/images/Revan/forPublicProfile2.png

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...
http://www.the-oubliette.net/images/Revan/thefullpower.jpg

Lord Maul
11-07-2006, 07:17 AM
man is that one nice costume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great job with the photoshoppin too :twisted:

Do-Clo
11-07-2006, 09:14 AM

Pyle you need to get your eyes checked because that is a lady :shock:

You should have no problem getting into the 501st your costume has great detail. :)

Wolverine
11-07-2006, 11:25 AM

...and a pretty lady at that. :shock: :D :wink:

Judging from the flagship's requirements, you've got it covered :wink:

The Flagship eclipse will be an awesome resource when it gets out of it's infancy, and gets down to brass tacks.
Anyone interested in constructing an EU sith lord outfit, can get some good help there, as well as the SLD :wink: 8)

Devilstar2k2
11-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Sweet costume, bud... er... uh... Budette? :D

ryanlb
11-07-2006, 11:35 AM
That is a great costume, good luck on your application to the 501st. I'm hoping to do that myself, in the next couple of months, as a Royal Guard - not talented enough to build a nice Sith Lord costume.

oubliette
11-07-2006, 02:28 PM

I think he just meant 'man" as in the surfer dude/hippie generalizm. :lol:

Yah I think I'm all set for the 501st.I had the local MLO dend in a .rar file of detailed shots. Only time will tell, but lucky me.. the MLO for the whole Legion is a bigtime Flagship Eclipse guy, as he's done the CLone Emperor and Xixor.. I've been following his work for years. And his Durge is out of sight.

I think I might do a nightsister next... mmmm... Nightsister...

oubliette
11-07-2006, 02:30 PM
That is a great costume, good luck on your application to the 501st. I'm hoping to do that myself, in the next couple of months, as a Royal Guard - not talented enough to build a nice Sith Lord costume.

PIFFLE!! Never declare what you can not do. You ... and everyone is capable, with time and effort, and drive. It's all abotu passion. Let your passion drive you, it's simple a matter of making sacrifices for what you desire.

ryanlb
11-07-2006, 02:32 PM
As in this Clone Emperor (http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_htm/SWgeekhtm/cE18.html)? His costumes are amazing!

oubliette
11-07-2006, 02:34 PM
As in this Clone Emperor (http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_htm/SWgeekhtm/cE18.html)? His costumes are amazing!

Yep.. that's Mr. Thomas Spanos... and he's good. He's gotten lots better over time and has pretty much the same process as I do in sorting out home made armor. I think he might have more money though lol. He goes to more cons than I do and Cons are vampires sucking that the life blood of one's bank accout.

Wolverine
11-07-2006, 02:42 PM
That is Thomas Spanos, the Legion LMO, he's in the Midwest garrison, same one I'm in. :shock: :? 8)

Now, He's got some great costumes- :!: -

There's some good reading on the Sith Lord Detachment boards where Spanos, butted heads with the SLD leader, about EU Sith Lords on the SLD, or having they're own detachment altogether :?

I think the Legion council voted on the EU characters having their own home so to speak. :wink:

oubliette
11-07-2006, 02:51 PM
That is Thomas Spanos, the Legion LMO, he's in the Midwest garrison, same one I'm in. :shock: :? 8)

Now, He's got some great costumes- :!: -

There's some good reading on the Sith Lord Detachment boards where Spanos, butted heads with the SLD leader, about EU Sith Lords on the SLD, or having they're own detachment altogether :?

I think the Legion council voted on the EU characters having their own home so to speak. :wink:

Personally, I hate the constant b.s. bickering about "oh they were'nt in the movies so they don't count". It blows and it's just plain fear. Honestly... the EU is richer in content and storyline than the films. Hell, it comes out all the time as comics, novels, video games. Some fools get their undies in a twist when they see someone not dressed as Vader, a stormtrooper or the damed emperor, and it's mostly a close minded thing. Women have very few options to dress up ala Star Wars and still have their face show. I mean, I'm a punk from way back.. dressing up like Leia (what a wimp) is akin to dressing up like friggin June Cleaver. BLEGH! Most of the women in the Star Wars films are wimps. Sure, Padme had a few moments, but frankly, she's was a delicate friggin flower. That ain't me. I exude power and damnit, my costume has to reflect that. The EU is the best place to butt kicking, neck snappin', sleep when you're dead-type warrior women. Like Aurra Sing, or Sintas Vel (she steps on necks.. RAWR!).

Leia was a friggin handbag.

Yah, I'm glad Flagship Eclipse was formed. It's a beautiful thing!

Wolverine
11-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I know :roll:
I wasn't one of the members that voted against the EU in the SLD :wink:
A SithLord, is a SithLord :wink:
The bigger complaint in the Legion is, that other EU characters would have to reside there too, and there would be no lines drawn, such as there are with movie characters. :roll: :?

oubliette
11-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I know :roll:
I wasn't one of the members that voted against the EU in the SLD :wink:
A SithLord, is a SithLord :wink:
The bigger complaint in the Legion is, that other EU characters would have to reside there too, and there would be no lines drawn, such as there are with movie characters. :roll: :?

Well i kinda dig that idea because I'll most likely end up in the same detatchment for all my characters because I'm all about the EU. I think of it as an exclusive club. *grin/sneer*

Funny how Republic Commandos get to be regular enlisted huh? That's the only one I'll end up as regular enlisted, even though they ARE EU. (video game). Perhaps it's just that the masses off stormtroopers/clonetroopers think they're connected by association. Personally I suspect there's a macho/oorah fraternity system in place with the white armors. *shrug*

james3
11-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Interesting, I was under the impression that the RC's were EU. Oh well, I am all for having all the good stuff. EU is what will keep StarWars going for the future even past the TV shows.

oubliette
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Interesting, I was under the impression that the RC's were EU. Oh well, I am all for having all the good stuff. EU is what will keep StarWars going for the future even past the TV shows.

Of course. But.. will the 501st accept the TV shows as canon? Bause if they do.. expect to see a lot of EU characters go Formal Canon. *evilgrin*

ryanlb
11-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Isn't the reasoning something along the lines of Formal Cannon is stuff from the movies because it's more generally recognizable?

Wolverine
11-07-2006, 03:28 PM
....Personally I suspect there's a macho/oorah fraternity system in place with the white armors. *shrug*

Yeah, the "White armor's" concider themselves all in that same brethren, it's funny then being comprised mostly of "their types" the Legion has lines to divide them :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is just undisputed fact, unless Lucas has plans for another set of movies we don't know about, OR he has plans for them in the TV series still yet to come. :wink:

ryanlb is correct, they only see the screen characters as Formal canon. So hopefully for all the EU chaccters, he will work them into the TV series. :wink:

xwingband
11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
TV series is supposed to feature troops as characters. Probably similar to the x-wing books. Depending on the exact timeline we may see them or the intermediate step between stomies.

oubliette
11-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Isn't the reasoning something along the lines of Formal Cannon is stuff from the movies because it's more generally recognizable?

Hmm.. perhaps, but my experience with the general public is, most people don't know squat. I've seen our Jango get called Boba, I've seen one of our clones get called Boba too... of EVERY Jedi is Obi Wan or freakin Anakin to mommies and their tots, and if you're black.. I guess you MUST be Mace.

Recognizable to whom? Star Wars fans are usually going to know most everyone enyway. I've been notorious for having costumes everyone mis-recognizes. Sunday i trooped the local Star Wars exhibit at our Science Museum. More people recognized me as Revan then not but I got called Vader a few times and SOME people asked, "Who are you?" when i couldn't talk in that thing without yelling, as I had a resperator on underneath to keep my breath from fogging the lens too much (still got foggy). I've given up worrying what the general public thinks. They're not there to "get it", they're just there to have a good time, see the pretty costumes and go home with their kids happy.

If I go to a Con as Revan.. I think I'm gonna get 98% recognition, so.. does that make me formal Canon? It's a fuzzy line, and if the 501st is going to base catagories on somehting as maliable as outsider's recognition... they're in for arguements. It's not a big deal to me. I get to dress up regardless. I just don't liek the tight-asses that think just because they ponied up the cash for all the deluxe Vader gear, money being the mojor obstical there, that they can subdjugate those they feel did not pay enough for their costumes. (I don't mean everyone that does Vader is this way, it's just my experience)

But like I said, nobody is telling me not to costume. Quite the contrary, I seem to have a lot of support for my work, and that's all I need.

-Oubliette

oubliette
11-07-2006, 03:39 PM
TV series is supposed to feature troops as characters. Probably similar to the x-wing books. Depending on the exact timeline we may see them or the intermediate step between stomies.

The timeline is just after Ep. 3. It will paralel the comic series "Dark Times" by Dark Horse... (which just happens to be nearby me.) Woof!

ryanlb
11-07-2006, 03:39 PM

Hmm.. perhaps, but my experience with the general public is, most people don't know squat. I've seen our Jango get called Boba, I've seen one of our clones get called Boba too... of EVERY Jedi is Obi Wan or freakin Anakin to mommies and their tots, and if you're black.. I guess you MUST be Mace.

Ha ha! That's a very good point.

xwingband
11-07-2006, 03:48 PM

The timeline is just after Ep. 3. It will paralel the comic series "Dark Times" by Dark Horse... (which just happens to be nearby me.) Woof!

Really? RL pilots were happy because the little blurb said rebel pilots...

oubliette
11-07-2006, 04:01 PM

Really? RL pilots were happy because the little blurb said rebel pilots...

Oh yah, well y'know the rebellion has already begun. :D

Wolverine
11-07-2006, 05:21 PM
...Oh yah, well y'know the rebellion has already begun. :D

Too bad that scene in EP III had to end up on the cutting room floor. :wink:
For those who do not know = watch the "Bonus features" section on EP III DVD.

As far as Vaders being snobs in the Legion, I think you'll find it's the earlier members with longer tenure, who tend to turn their nose up at the EP III Vaders, and all the EU Siths.
The new "wave" of Vaders coming in, is a little more open minded. :wink:
I myself would like to learn more about the EU Siths (Mainly Darth Revan & Nihlus (?)). I find what I know about them now, as fascinating. :wink:

ryanlb
11-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Revan and Nihilus are from the Knights of the Old Republic games. Nihilus is very cool and scary looking but woefully short-changed (in my opinion) as far as his appearances in the game (KOTOR II), though what few appearances make him out to be very evil. Revan appears throughout the first game, and in mentioned several times in the second game. They're great games.

Do-Clo
11-07-2006, 06:17 PM
I have been doing a lot of reading on the EU sith. I have found this to be a good source of information on the sith and ancient Sith Lords:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sith

Wolverine
11-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Great Find Lord Technous, :wink:
I happened upon that awhile back, and lost my bookmark. :twisted:
A great reference. 8)

GrimaOllak
11-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Ahhh, haven't been here in a long while. *stretches his arms* Good to be back.

And to you, oubliette, your costume is simply mindblowing. Not many folks are brave/patient enough to even attempt a Revan, so I applaude you for that, but more to the point, I take my hat off because you hit it SPOT ON.

Well done indeed.

GFORCE13
11-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Ahhh, haven't been here in a long while. *stretches his arms* Good to be back.
Welcome Back and I have to agree that is such a perfectly done Revan Costume, it totally rocks. 8)

oubliette
11-09-2006, 02:24 PM
As far as Vaders being snobs in the Legion, I think you'll find it's the earlier members with longer tenure, who tend to turn their nose up at the EP III Vaders, and all the EU Siths.
The new "wave" of Vaders coming in, is a little more open minded. :wink:
I myself would like to learn more about the EU Siths (Mainly Darth Revan & Nihlus (?)). I find what I know about them now, as fascinating. :wink:

Oh quite right. It's the "old guard". What was it he said? "Afraid of losing power.." ? :twisted:

Annnd.. I fractured my ankle, so that's why I've not responded to PMs and such. It's rather painful and I have not been getting around. I shall endeavour to catch up.

-Oubliette

JediMcD
11-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the ankle. I hope it heals up well for you and doesn't hinder you too much. I have yet to chime in to say how nice your costume is, but I concur with all of the compliments that have been given so far. Your Revan costume is the best I have seen. Keep up the good work, and stay off of that ankle.

LAN-ED-TUL
11-10-2006, 12:39 AM
definately, get that ankle healed up.

back in 93, i shattered the ankle joint and spiral fractured 6 inches up the leg bone.

they had to go in with a plate and screws to get it back together again.

it took me 8 months to completely get back close to normal.

i only have about 95 percent mobility in that ankle due the the severity of the damage.

i know you all wonder, how?

roller skating of all things.

DACOTA
11-10-2006, 02:03 PM
It is too beutiful for words, great job girl it looks sweet!Very,very,very nice.I sure would not want to be matched up in battle with you,cuase you are SITH!

oubliette
11-15-2006, 01:25 AM
I do not have my designation yet but this evening I recieved word that I have been approved for the 501st. But then, I was not in doubt.. after all.. i had forseen it... :twisted:

-Oubliette

Do-Clo
11-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Congrads on the 501st. :D

james3
11-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Congrats! That is fantastic.

ryanlb
11-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Indeed, congrats!

Wolverine
11-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Congratulations, Sith Sister. :wink:
There was no doubt in my mind you'd make it :wink: 8) :D

Your GML should be asking you what your pick is for your number, mine is my birthday :wink: 8) :D

tazrob
11-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Congrats on the 501st Oubliette, great group of people! Are you on the EU board. Flagship Eclipse?

oubliette
11-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Congrats on the 501st Oubliette, great group of people! Are you on the EU board. Flagship Eclipse?

Indeed I am..

Kit Fisto
12-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Just finished this up, and wore it yesterday. And the photo isn't dark.. it's "moody". :P

http://www.the-oubliette.net/images/Revan/LordRevan.jpg

-Xeco

Omg THIS IS JUST super AWESOME!!
Great attention to detail,I bow before you my master.

987654321a
12-26-2006, 01:24 AM
just a question kit are you from fxsabers.com

vortextwist
12-26-2006, 07:21 AM

you can't tell?

xwingband
12-26-2006, 07:46 AM

you can't tell?

Ditto... of course he's the same guy.

Kit Fisto
12-26-2006, 07:29 PM

you can't tell?

Yes I am a mod at fx-sabers.com and the admin of force-fx.com
mesa love starwars :D

elrond.406
12-27-2006, 02:01 PM

you can't tell?

Yes I am a mod at fx-sabers.com and the admin of force-fx.com
mesa love starwars :D

::bows::

Kit Fisto
01-02-2007, 02:31 AM
SOME SABER UPGRADES :)

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2760/lordrevanzv2.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2166/revanmasklessaltin0.jpg

Barmic Rin
04-14-2007, 08:18 AM
I figure this is as good a place as any to ask this:
What does Revan's hilt look like?
I've seen the figure pics on rebelscum http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Darth_Revan_in_HiRez_104998.asp

Just wondering if anyone has done a hilt as close to the in-game ones as possible.

Oub, is yours an RLSA? Looks it in your pics.
Anyone tried a double in-game accurate one too? Lookin to do Bastila's eventually.

fau-pa ramid
04-14-2007, 02:15 PM
ZOMG!!!! that is the hottes girl that ever wielded a lightsaber....and the girl next door is that bad lookin. :wink:

Barmic Rin
04-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Now where's that pic of the Jaina Solo chick....

Here She is!!!!
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1850&start=0

Jedi-Loreen
04-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't think that Darth Revan girl has been back here since she finished showing off her costume, so don't hold your breath about her answering your questions.

I know the girl who is in that Jaina Solo costume. It's one of several versions of Jaina's costumes she's going.

Barmic Rin
04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
I'd noticed J-lo. I just figured this was probably the most relevant place to post.

From the look of her hilt, i'd say it was an RLSA job.
I'm after shots of the actual in-game ones.

fau-pa ramid
04-14-2007, 05:46 PM
what is RLSA?

Barmic Rin
04-14-2007, 05:53 PM
www.RLSAsabers.com
He makes custom sabers. He's done alot of fantastic hilts, though i'm not too sure about his current designs... that's just my .02 creds, but I prefer plain & simple designs.

neophyl
04-14-2007, 06:49 PM
If you want pics of the in game models then the flagship eclipse forum has a reference gallery and they are in there. All the in game sabres use the same few models, normal, short and double.

I did this one for my local garrisons Revan (Chris -SJ3)
http://www.spartandesign.co.uk/pictures/sj3sabre2.jpg

If you go to CE then you'll see it as most of us (UKG) are attending.

This was done before the model info became available so its a bit chunkier but its a nice sabre.

fau-pa ramid
04-14-2007, 08:43 PM
www.RLSAsabers.com
He makes custom sabers. He's done alot of fantastic hilts, though i'm not too sure about his current designs... that's just my .02 creds, but I prefer plain & simple designs.

oh yeah i been there im with you rin i dont like his new sabers either. if i was gonna choos a custom saber place it would be "advanced light" that guy makes some sick lookin sabers. :twisted: im surprised every self proclaimed sith in the world doesnt carry one!

Barmic Rin
04-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Advanced light is good, but he says on his site that the paint may come off his hilts if used for trooping. Fantastic as a display piece, each and every one that he does.
I like his stuff more than RLSA's new stuff. Most were similar to the sort you'd see in the prequels. BRING BACK THE CLASSICS!!!!

Phil, i'll see you there. Any of your boys got IK armor yet? I've seen the pics they have on Eclipse, I wanna sign up for 501st, but I want IK!
Damn their indecision on validation of the armor!!!

Someone in the know, can you check RLSA & verify that he's using the same ridged piping as Corbin was looking to sell. If it is, v.cool & ideal for Grievous Bodyguard electro-poles.

Ryma Mara
04-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Corbin said that was the fluted tubing that he sent to him. But from what I understand is that is corbin is out of fluted tubing. But I sent him a link about a place to possably get some more. I dont have it but he might.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-15-2007, 10:20 AM
I have two of RLSA's older hilts, and I like them much better than the "artsy" style sabers he has on his site now. I really like the older "G" style hilts he used to make. Simple construction and elegant design.

Ryma Mara
04-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I never liked the old G style with the funky colors and the same basic design. I dident care much for thoes.

I liked a couple of the new ones.

http://www.rlsasabers.com/es8.htm

That one looks like it could be made to work with say a 3/4" blade and maybe a direct setup with Li-ion batteries but I dont like the run time on li-ions.

this batch of his stunt sabers look better but again I dont like the funky colors or how they look with the colors. if they were plain or darker colors it would prolly be better.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-15-2007, 10:35 AM
The colored ones never did anything for me, either. I almost got the purple one for my wife, though, she likes purple. Thought it would've been cool with a purple blade. Here's the one I have:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/blue-el-saber-1.jpg
The non-colored style looked good, and was/is easy to upgrade to sound, luxeon, or EL.

Ryma Mara
04-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Yeah thoes dont look to bad, the colors he has are just ugly. what is it powder coat or anodizing?

Jay-gon Jinn
04-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I believe they were powder coated. Not pretty. Anodizing is much better.

Ryma Mara
04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I c, Yeah most powder coat dosent look good. I like black when the metal under it is chrome. I seen it on one of the bikes OCC did. it was sick.

Jedi-Loreen
04-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Wow, I haven't been to RLSA in a few months. I don't like the direction he's taking now. Some of those "Elite" sabers just look weird. :?

I like the past ones he used to do, like what Jay-gon has. I used to go there every few weeks, to see what new designs he'd come up with.

fau-pa ramid
04-15-2007, 02:30 PM
The colored ones never did anything for me, either. I almost got the purple one for my wife, though, she likes purple. Thought it would've been cool with a purple blade. Here's the one I have:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/blue-el-saber-1.jpg
The non-colored style looked good, and was/is easy to upgrade to sound, luxeon, or EL.

wow now that looks clean! did you make it yourself?

Jedi-Loreen
04-15-2007, 02:55 PM
No, he didn't, the conversation had changed to that about RLSA sabers.

fau-pa ramid
04-15-2007, 03:01 PM
oh well it looks good. so that is what RLSA used to make i like that style of sabers way better. fo show

Jay-gon Jinn
04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I think we kinda derailed the topic, huh?

I'd still like to see a screen shot of Revan's saber, but I suspect for the game that they were all the same.

fau-pa ramid
04-15-2007, 04:35 PM
yes they were.

Angelus Lupus
04-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Yup, seems there was one model for each type of saber (single, short or double)

fau-pa ramid
04-15-2007, 04:41 PM
its a shame. i hope the new game lets you customize your saber.

Barmic Rin
04-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Well, as phil posted, there's pretty clear shots of all three models on FlagshipEclipse, so that's pretty cool. I'll just have to see about getting custom emitters, the rest i'll do with MHS. Since i'm doing a double, I guess i'll put my own interpretation on the claws by sticking some of the new style ones on once Tim puts them up for sale.

As for RLSA, I really liked his older styles, mainly the G's, and was shocked to find he'd gone all artsy on us! I was gonna pick one up over the weekend! :x
Then I find out one went on E-bay for like $45, and it was virtually identical to the one Jay has!! :x :x
Just a slightly more qui-gonesque emitter under the shroud.

BladeFanChuck
06-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Wow. That costume is killer. KILLER! Drop me a line. I would love to talk to you about that costume!

redrockerjr5150@hotmail.com

AMAZING! Great work!

--Chuck

Jedi-Loreen
06-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow. That costume is killer. KILLER! Drop me a line. I would love to talk to you about that costume!

redrockerjr5150@hotmail.com

AMAZING! Great work!

--Chuck

Who are you referring to? The girl who started this thread? She did all her posting in 2 weeks, and hasn't posted again since Nov. 15th. Looks like she just came her to show off her costume.

You're going to be waiting a long time, if you expect her to get back to you. You'd be better off trying to contact her.

There is another girl I know through the Fan Force who also did a Darth Revan costume. She documents the making of her armor here in her Live Journal. Check it out.
http://pics.livejournal.com/scendan/gallery/00024cgy

Barmic Rin
06-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Have a word with the guys on flagshipeclipse.com. More sith lords on there than you can shake a glowy-stick at!
Just be prepared to wee yourself alittle at the quality of the costumes! :D

SilentBob501
06-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Im pretty sure I saw Oubliette's costume on ebay, not too long ago.

Jedi-Loreen
06-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Hmm, she didn't last very long with that costume, then. :?

Wolverine
06-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Im pretty sure I saw Oubliette's costume on ebay, not too long ago.

There have been Several listings, selling very similar, or the same make armor, there also have been 3 listings that I know of, selling almost the same costume package, Obliette is probably busy with her new position in the 501st, for those who have the time, there are a million things to do with the 501st to fill up your time. Before, during, and after events. :wink:
...and I'm not exagerating, from "armor parties" to meetings. LOADS TO DO. :wink:

For those who DO wish to contact her, why don't you try The Flagship eclipse website, or the 501st.com, and look her up in either place. :wink:

Novastar
09-19-2007, 12:52 AM
I messaged her here on TCSS some time ago, complimenting her armor (which she mentioned she sold, yes)... but that was some months ago.

Hope that helps... she may yet answer.

This topic is old, but... I popped into "costumes" topic (which I rarely do), and there ya go.