PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Chamber design

craig139
06-12-2014, 03:25 PM
I am considering adding a crystal chamber to my saber. My question is - how do I route the wires through the chamber in a fashion where they are not seen?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
06-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Usually, people tend to use a hollow tubes (spacers) in addition to the threaded rods. Crystal Chambers are a challenge because they require their builder to be creative and use whatever spare parts they can find to make what they want.

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-12-2014, 05:18 PM
That challenge is also an opportunity.

Glass [for show sabers only] or plastic pipettes, small diameter braided stainless hose, copper or brass hex tubing...there are many ways to route wires and who says there wouoldnt be wires in a saber anyway. Even future [or "a long time ago..." futuristic] technology is likely to use electricity and wires as an efficient way of conducting energy over short distances. If you simply don't want the wires to be commonplace looking rather than hidden you could use ribbon cable or wrap wire in fiber optic...let your imagination fly!

craig139
06-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Thank you for your advice, Gentlemen. Ser Kanomi, you have given me a few interesting directions to explore. I hope to post some pictures of this exploration later, as the parts are now on order.