PDA

View Full Version : Luke Rotj 2005 Conversion Question

Michael Acurantes
06-07-2014, 04:52 AM
Hello everyone, I need help concerning about the battery pack for the MR version of Luke Rotj, Im just concerned that I might blow my LED if I use rechargeable AA Ni Mh 2300 mah Battery. Do I need a resistor for this one? since the 2005 model requires you to use 6 batteries..

help would be gladly appreciated..

Cheers!

Jay-gon Jinn
06-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Hello everyone, I need help concerning about the battery pack for the MR version of Luke Rotj, Im just concerned that I might blow my LED if I use rechargeable AA Ni Mh 2300 mah Battery. Do I need a resistor for this one? since the 2005 model requires you to use 6 batteries..

help would be gladly appreciated..

Cheers!nope, no resistor really needed for that model, though it depends on what the led you're planning on using requires. Even though it uses 6 AA's, it still has an output of 4.5 volts. The cells are wired in a 3+3 parallel set up to double the runtime. It's a hold over from the 2003 model that was el based and required 9 volts. Instead of making a smaller pack, master Replicas simply re-wires the existing model for use with the lower voltage led blade in 2005.

Michael Acurantes
06-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Thank you this was a direct answer.. now i can sleep in peace