PDA

View Full Version : Wiring question for NBv2

MrCafe
05-28-2014, 12:22 PM
if I was to run MWS Luxeon Rebel Star (Amber) off the NBv2 would it need a MWS BuckPuck 700mA? Or would I have to run a resister? Sorry, never wired up a NBv2 before, not wishing to fry out anything.

MrCafe
05-28-2014, 12:27 PM
may have found the answer, puck is for no sound sabers so unneeded, shall try to figure out the resistor/s I shall need. Took me a long time to find the answers in the archive sorry guys.

JDuffPhoto
05-29-2014, 04:26 AM
More to the point, the BuckPuck minimum forward voltage is 5V, which I believe is the max forward voltage allowed by the NB. Running either Lithium batteries or NiMH, you will either be below the minimum forward voltage of the BuckPuck or over the maximum forward voltage of the board.

Sounds like you figured this out, but I'll throw this up here for anyone else's benefit. I'm about to wire up a NB2 with the same LED as soon as my final chassis parts arrive tomorrow.

MrCafe
05-30-2014, 05:47 AM
My part list for the wire up is

NBv2
MWS Luxeon Rebel Star (Amber) (Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module)
16mm Anti Vandal Momentary Gold Plated Switch OR 16mm Anti Vandal Latching Yellow Ring Switch (not sure if I want to use the ring switch for this build or not )
MWS Recharge Port
single Ultra Fire Efficient 18650 3.7V 5000mAH Lithium Rechargeable Battery Yellow with a dummy cell
MHS speaker and 2x AA battery holder

I know this just turned into a parts list but does she look good? If i read right I will need a resistor for any accent lights as well as the rebel star correct?

small shot of the shell I am working with. I know I have to drimmel the speaker mount down to fit.

https://hostr.co/file/VOiXs6gJlsML/saber002.jpg

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-30-2014, 06:04 AM
The 18650's don't fit in the AA holder, the 14500's do. ;) And yes, you'll likely need a resistor if you use a lit AV switch. Other than that, it looks OK.

MrCafe
05-30-2014, 06:07 AM
thank you forgetful, would I need a resistor for the rebel? Also the no fittign will not be an issue then I have another speaker I can run with and just wire it into the MWS. Thank you for that heads up as I had to get the batteries here in Canada as they don't ship them.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-30-2014, 06:16 AM
Most likely.

ghoti115
05-30-2014, 06:50 AM
MrCafe, I have an unrelated question. How dose this hilt feel when handling it? I am considering a similar design using either the 4" Double Female Grooved with holes (what you have pictured) or the one without, but am curious how it feels with the button screws.

MrCafe
05-30-2014, 06:58 AM
This is my second saber with this feature. The buttons make the piece feel abit small in the hand, however when wearing gloves adds ALOT to the grip. here's an image. I found this one abit long for dueling but I thank the added grip everytime, allowed me to preform a few nice disarms. However please remember the ID of this part is smaller then most MHS parts.

https://hostr.co/file/GEej6FzAl8Ef/saber001.jpg

ghoti115
05-30-2014, 08:17 AM
That looks like it's over 15 inches long. Is that a 7 inch or an 8 inch extension in there? What would you recommend for a good length for dueling? I'm trying to plan for 12 - 13 inches. Thanks for the tip about the narrower ID on that section, I will take that into consideration when trying to figure out the internal design.

MrCafe
05-30-2014, 08:31 AM
this one was made for strong armed fights and yes she sits just under 15. Most the people I duel with like 12-14", which is why I am building this new one to give it a try on a shorter saber.