PDA

View Full Version : MHS split handle design?

JediCarpet
05-26-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm brand new to the idea of building a lightsaber, and I really like the MHS system.... But I haven't seen any designs for the MHS where the main handle has male threads on it and the tube is split in half lengthwise so that installing all the electronics would be much easier than raming them up the tube. By having male threads on the body, the pommel and choke/emitter (with female threads on them) would lock it all together and wiring it would be easy. Has anyone seen a design like this?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the Forums.

No, a design feature like that doesn't really exist. Besides, you don't have to "ram everything up a tube" if you become good enough at this. ;)

JediCarpet
05-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks FJK. Is there someone I could talk to about features that I'd like to put into my eventual design and get their recommendations on both how to implement it and what parts to use? I was looking at ultrasabers, but seeing as everything they have (except the emerald system?) can be purchased here, I rather like the greater spread of options here, but I do want to make sure that I get the features I'm looking for. This seems much more along the lines that everyone should know what they're doing vs the "here you go!" idea behind ultrasabers.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Thanks FJK. Is there someone I could talk to about features that I'd like to put into my eventual design and get their recommendations on both how to implement it and what parts to use? I was looking at ultrasabers, but seeing as everything they have (except the emerald system?) can be purchased here, I rather like the greater spread of options here, but I do want to make sure that I get the features I'm looking for. This seems much more along the lines that everyone should know what they're doing vs the "here you go!" idea behind ultrasabers.

Well, first off, that company isn't to mentioned here - you can read the Forum Guidelines in my signature.

I doubt that feature would ever be considered just because of the lengthwise hinge you would need and the high probability of the threads getting misaligned or stuck, not to mention there structural weakness of the cylinder.