PDA

View Full Version : NB Wiring Check

cshaley
05-24-2014, 12:40 AM
This is my second saber, but first time using the Nano Biscotte v2. If someone could confirm that I've got this set up correctly, it would be much appreciated. I'm particularly curious if I'm using the correct resistors and have the recharge port and switch set up correctly. I've gotten the impression via other threads that the LED (-) from the illuminated switch needs to be tied into the main LED (-) if I want the switch to light up only when the saber is on (as opposed to whenever there is power to the board). That makes sense to me, but I figured it was worth double-checking. Also, is there any reason I couldn't connect the (-) lead of the recharge port (the one that goes to the board) to the (-) lead of the switch? That would save me some cramming.

Thanks in advance!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-24-2014, 07:41 AM
Well, if you want the switch to light up only when the saber is on, you can not use the 3.3V pad. The way you have it wired, the switch LED would be on as soon as you pull the kill key.

You would have to wire the switch LED in parallel with the main LED (+) and (-). You can use the battery ground wire (-) for your switch ground.

cshaley
05-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks for that correction. Easy enough to rectify! Got everything soldered together for a successful trial run.

Here's my final corrected/updated wiring diagram, in case anyone is planning a similar setup.