PDA

View Full Version : NB V2 with Illuminated AV Switch Wiring check

Gungn1r
05-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Hey guys! I've finally bit the bullet and decided to go with a soundboard for my saber, but as my EE skills are a bit lacking, I figured I'd let you guys check my work before I do anything drastic. I'm running an NB v2 with an illuminated AV switch, WITHOUT a kill key or a recharge port. I want to the light to be on when the main LED is on, and off when the main LED is off. It's my understanding that this will allow me to leave the battery in with very little/no battery draining over the long term. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.) I don't really want to have to take the battery out every time I put the saber into storage, but I don't have space in the current design for a kill key or a recharge port.

Please forgive my awful diagram skills, It took me a long time to get it THIS good. :(

http://i.imgur.com/EVv9kYI.png

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Well, the wiring looks pretty good to me. The battery will drain over time, it'll take a month or so to drain out. If you can design your saber to have the battery JST connect easily handy (say behind the speaker), that would be an alternative way to recharge the battery.

Gungn1r
05-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Yeah, that was my backup plan. I'm kinda (Read: extremely) cramped for space, so I'm going to be using the chassis system and some of the disks to organize everything. I'll just make sure that I include a JST for the battery in a convenient location.

Thanks for the help! I feel so much better about it now that I have it all laid out.

Cheers!:mrgreen: