PDA

View Full Version : NB issues

Kendrick
05-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Hello everyone :)!
Well I'm sorry if I bugger you with my noob questions but I really need some help! :/
When I put the battery in my saber it boots up and then beeps and then plays the boot sound and repeats that over and over, pressing the switch doesn't do anything. I'm not really sure what the problem is but I can post a video if need be!
I'm using the momentary on/off switch offered here along with a Seoul p4 and a 3.7v 14500 setup

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Did you make sure the battery is completely charged?

Kendrick
05-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Yeah the battery is fully charged ! Now it's doing this thing where everything is working besides the LED and I have to press the switch on and off twice for it to activate

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Yeah the battery is fully charged ! Now it's doing this thing where everything is working besides the LED and I have to press the switch on and off twice for it to activate

Are you sure you have a momentary switch?

Kendrick
05-23-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm pretty sure :x
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SPST-Push-onoff-Mom-switch-with-black-button-P44.aspx
This is the one I'm using

Kendrick
05-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Sorry I didn't realize that emoticon looked so angry ! : 0

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-23-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm pretty sure :x
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SPST-Push-onoff-Mom-switch-with-black-button-P44.aspx
This is the one I'm using

Yeah, from the description, you have to lightly press the button to work the momentary part, otherwise it acts as a latching switch. You may want to set the switch setting to 1 and see if that helps you.

Kendrick
05-24-2014, 10:35 AM
There's a switch setting on a NB v2? All I see in the manual and config.txt is ways to adjust the A-POP as well as quick on and off adjustments

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-24-2014, 10:49 AM
There's a switch setting on a NB v2? All I see in the manual and config.txt is ways to adjust the A-POP as well as quick on and off adjustments

Sorry, for a moment there I thought you had a PC. Going through as many threads as I do, it happens once in a while. You would either have to press it lightly or get a real momentary only switch.

Kendrick
05-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Ahhh! I totes understand! thanks man ! :) now this leaves the question of which switch I should get, there's a couple momentary "standard" style switches in the store so should I get the SPST or the SPDT?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Ahhh! I totes understand! thanks man ! :) now this leaves the question of which switch I should get, there's a couple momentary "standard" style switches in the store so should I get the SPST or the SPDT?

For what you want the SPST would be the way to go. Could you post a link to what you specifically have in mind?

Kendrick
05-24-2014, 12:21 PM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SPST-Momentary-switch-with-red-button-P42.aspx

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-24-2014, 12:26 PM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SPST-Momentary-switch-with-red-button-P42.aspx

Looks good to me.

Kendrick
05-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Sweet! I'll tell ya how it goes

Kendrick
05-31-2014, 11:03 AM
Alrighty, update time! Well I had it working perfectly on my work table all wired up after using the correct switch but when I went for the final assembly the sound stopped working :/ the led still works but now instead of a boot sound the led flashes real quick and it's quiet, I can still turn it on and off properly but there is no sound. I've checked and all the solder connections appear to be okay so I'm just concerned I didn't accidentally fudge up the board or something

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-31-2014, 11:13 AM
Sounds like you are causing a ground or something when you install it. IF everything works outside the hilt, the something has to be "going wrong" (board or exposed wires/solder joints touching the inside of the hilt) when you install everything.

Kendrick
05-31-2014, 11:27 AM
There was something wrong in the wire connecter, probably a result of poor cram fu! I fixed it.. Now on a somewhat unrelated note do you have a good tip for mounting the board on my battery pack?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-31-2014, 11:34 AM
Are you using a chassis?

Kendrick
05-31-2014, 11:54 AM
No I am not :0

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-31-2014, 02:35 PM
No I am not :0

That could be a big part of the problem, what DO battery solution (and any holder) do you have?

Kendrick
05-31-2014, 04:15 PM
I have the two AA battery holder with the speaker attached to it and am running a 14500 with a dummy cell. I'm not sure if hot glue would work or not, and electrical tape seems a bit dingy

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-31-2014, 04:17 PM
You can try 3M double sided tape squares, that's what I have used. Also, if you live near a Home Depot you can get a T8 Fluorescent Bulb tube guard, and cut to the length you need. That will prevent your card from making contact with the inside of your hilt. ;)

Kendrick
05-31-2014, 04:28 PM
I'll give one of those a try :) thank you for all your help and patience !