PDA

View Full Version : Problems with SD card

Darth Vapour
05-21-2014, 04:53 AM
I have two NB boards and have wired one up. The lightmeat SD card works fine, but the darkmeat board only gives me static. I have previously copied the darkmeat files on the computer from a previous NB darkmeat that worked fine but I cant seem to get any SD card that I load with the soundfonts to work. I have tried a 1GB and a 2GB SD, tried just using the Ctrl button commands, tried drop and drag. I always format the SD before copying. I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated

Silver Serpent
05-21-2014, 05:12 AM
Are you doing a full format, or a quick format? The quick format option will not work. Be sure you format in FAT16 or FAT32 mode.

Darth Vapour
05-21-2014, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the quick reply SS, I was doing the quickformat. I have now tried the full format and still no luck. Does it make a difference if you use a volume label or not? What other options are there. I am just getting static

Silver Serpent
05-21-2014, 07:25 AM
Static is not normal. If the SD card hasn't been loaded properly, you should get beeps instead.

It's possible that your darkmeat font may have been corrupted. Try to play the files on your computer and see if they run there.

Darth Vapour
05-22-2014, 02:23 AM
They do run on the computer. Also I downloaded another copy from the plecter labs site and still no luck. I am sooooo frustrated, its not funny. I managed to get some beeps and nothing else on one occasion. Its a V1 board, so I have been doing the whole ctr+A,ctr+c and ctr+v thing too.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-22-2014, 07:40 AM
You may also have a bad SD card. If the light meat SD works, I would try getting a different SD card for the dark meat, format, load it and then see what happens.

Silver Serpent
05-22-2014, 07:48 AM
That was my first thought, but he indicated using multiple SD cards with the same result. It's possible they're all incompatible with the board, but I didn't think it likely.

I guess a full format on all the cards, Ctrl-copy and paste, and then check each card individually.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
Yeah, If it was the board, light meat wouldn't work. I personally just drag and drop after a full format. I can understand 1 card going bad, but both? Strange.

Darth Vapour
05-23-2014, 05:11 AM
Thanks for trying to help. I think as SS said, maybe the SDs aren't compatible. The light meat that works is a sandisk, the ones that don't are another brand (3 SDs tried). I haven't been able to find a 2gb sandisk so I tried the Kingston ones. I am going to wire up my other NB and see if they work on it. The last attempt got some strange beeps and then nothing.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-23-2014, 05:58 AM
Thanks for trying to help. I think as SS said, maybe the SDs aren't compatible. The light meat that works is a sandisk, the ones that don't are another brand (3 SDs tried). I haven't been able to find a 2gb sandisk so I tried the Kingston ones. I am going to wire up my other NB and see if they work on it. The last attempt got some strange beeps and then nothing.

That means the config file is bad or missing.