PDA

View Full Version : Where's my post? Where did it go?

Jonitus
11-03-2006, 03:18 PM
I went to add the last of the info for the Graflex tutorial thread I had started a few months back, and noticed all the photos were missing, and the last 50% of the thread was gone!

Did something get FUBAR'd when the boards changed over?

Here's the worst part of it - I can't find the pictures in my collection of backups, nor are they on my photobucket account.

Well, there was a whole lot of work for nothing.

This sucks!

xwingband
11-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I haven't looked at your thread specifically but pics pretty much got nuked in the forum change. I guess Tim went in and converted all of the standard tags so they would work but I doubt everything is perfect.

EDIT: It seems they are no longer in your photobucket account at all. If you don't have a paid subscription and keep uploading photobucket will push out the oldest ones. Seems that happened because the tags are fine.

Jonitus
11-03-2006, 03:55 PM
I haven't looked at your thread specifically but pics pretty much got nuked in the forum change. I guess Tim went in and converted all of the standard tags so they would work but I doubt everything is perfect.

EDIT: It seems they are no longer in your photobucket account at all. If you don't have a paid subscription and keep uploading photobucket will push out the oldest ones. Seems that happened because the tags are fine.

Well, isn't that just teh suxx0r??? Damn! And I can't find them on my backup discs anywhere! GAH!

I can find ONE single picture of both of that project's sabers together, but that's all I have.

987654321a
11-03-2006, 03:58 PM
wow jonitus about time to update that thing.

Jonitus
11-05-2006, 08:54 AM
I will chalk your response up to the indescretion of youth and not school you in an open forum, since there are many others here that take care of that already.

Sufficient to say, with trying to tighten the belt to pay off a divorce attorney, a credit card my ex-wife ran up, work two jobs, work on a PhD and foster a relationship with a fan-damn-tastic woman...updating a thread about building a saber fell down the list of priorities.

I have 2 MHS based "Old Republic" sabers to finsih up, a real graflex to convert, a hardware-based Anakin to build and an Obi-Wan MHS to figure out. Somehow, I think you'll see plenty of posts about these.

987654321a
11-05-2006, 10:55 AM
dude i never meant that in a negative way like " update it now!" i was just saying that i was still interested in that thread and that i would love to see it continue, you have a great skill in sabermaking and im not trying to say that you should have updated right now. i just didnt even know about all those things in your life if i knew about that then i would know why you didnt update it.