PDA

View Full Version : Authentic replacement red button for Vintage Graflex?

MadeByMonkeys
05-14-2014, 04:27 PM
It occurred to me this evening that maybe this topic is literally for *store* questions and answers and isn't just quaintly worded. LOL. So, sorry if I'm in the wrong spot.

Still, I'm not sure where this question *should* go, so sorry yet again...

Searching online, all I can seem to find are the thumbscrew variations of the "red button", intended to go on replicas or be used in conversions as a blade retention thumbscrew.

What I'm looking for is an honest-to-goodness red button that will fit a vintage Graflex 3-cell that happens to be missing one. (In my younger, dumber days, I epoxied a red lamp cover over the hole, I'm gonna have to do some dremeling.)

The little metal tab (don't know the true term, sorry) that sits between the button and the 3-cell shaft has a rivet through it is snapped off. I don't suppose there's any easy way to fix that short of drilling out the rivet and cutting a new part, is there...?

Thanks again for mountains of assistance and the friendly attitude around here. You guys are fantastic!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Your best bet may be to scour eBay and look for the parts (or a damaged Graflex with the parts) you need, if the store parts aren't what you are looking for.

Darth Obi Don
05-25-2014, 07:43 AM
I can't give you a direct link but take a look at Parks Sabers under "parts" / "camera parts"

Don