PDA

View Full Version : nano v2 w/ px wiring check

RalenTarel
05-13-2014, 07:11 AM
Ok I think I've got it right I just need someone to double check me before I procede.
http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab316/christophermcleroy82/IMG_20140513_095004_zps0a4a6403.jpg (http://s875.photobucket.com/user/christophermcleroy82/media/IMG_20140513_095004_zps0a4a6403.jpg.html)

As a side note I will be running the green and blue in paralel on the luxeon rebel star.
Thanks all

Silver Serpent
05-13-2014, 08:34 AM

I have altered your wiring diagram. The way you had it wired would have done some odd things, like the illuminated switch only coming on during a FoC event. It will now come on with the blade. The PEX wasn't wired correctly, and you'd only get a FoC event if you were holding the button down at the time. You had also neglected to connect the LED negatives. I'm not sure if that was just an omission, but I added it in anyhow.

I also changed the resistors for your main blade, so that you'd have a resistor on each LED die.

RalenTarel
05-13-2014, 12:29 PM
I saw that mistake after I posted it and have made revisions.
I will also take your updates into acount.
Again thank you

RalenTarel
05-19-2014, 08:32 PM
For those that may be wondering.
I folowed the above revisions and still had issues. I used the 2w1ohm on the green and blue dies but the one on the blue die kept burning out (twice) with no damage to the led or nano, and ended up using a 3w 1ohm on the blue. There was another issue as the kill key or charge plug was incecerted the red die on the led would remain on and cause the resistor to heat up.
So after many hours of trouble shooting and moving things around, I found that the problem was the recharge port itself. It was a no kill key port.
So to fix the above problems I ended up running bolth port negatves to the same lead and now everything functions as it should, with the exception of the kill key.
Again thank you forgetfull jedi , darth alace for your assistance

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-19-2014, 08:58 PM
When wiring a recharge port, both positives have to be on the same terminal, as it is shown in the NB manual.

RalenTarel
05-20-2014, 05:26 AM
That wasn't verry clear to Me as I have read the manual a dozen times before I started. As it says that the kill key should stil cut power. As I have wired it in the kill function nolonger works and I can leave the saber running while it is charging, although I probly won't just to be on the safe side.
But the point is. I was finaly able to get things to work properly.
The simpelest solution Being the right one.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-20-2014, 06:24 AM
That wasn't verry clear to Me as I have read the manual a dozen times before I started. As it says that the kill key should stil cut power. As I have wired it in the kill function nolonger works and I can leave the saber running while it is charging, although I probly won't just to be on the safe side.
But the point is. I was finaly able to get things to work properly.
The simpelest solution Being the right one.

It would cut the power, if you have it wired right, and don't have a short somewhere.

RalenTarel
05-20-2014, 12:34 PM
No there's not a short any where and I tried to wire the port a couple different ways the solution I found was the only one that wrked. On the same note I have found that depending on the brand some will work with the kill key and cut power and others will allow It to remain on while charging and not cut power. But thank you forbyour concern.
While I'm here I have to give a shout out to silver serpent for the wireing diagram. Thanks bro.

TrypWyr
05-20-2014, 01:58 PM
I'll take this opportunity to repost my favorite piece of artwork from the amazing Slothfurnace!

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?14572-JediMasterTim-s-Wiring-Diagram&p=213165#post213165

I don't mean to question your wiring skills, RalenTarel, but personally I still refer to this diagram every time I wire up a recharge port. It's invaluable and beautiful to boot! :D

RalenTarel
05-20-2014, 02:27 PM
Well your right about it being a work of art. Also it shows another way to wire in a recharge port and it goes to show that there's notone right way do it. Thanks for the share.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Well your right about it being a work of art. Also it shows another way to wire in a recharge port and it goes to show that there's notone right way do it. Thanks for the share.

Umm, there is one right way to do it, and that diagram, along with the one I mentioned in the NB manual (and every other sound card manual Plecter Labs makes) is the correct way to do it. ;)

Silver Serpent
05-21-2014, 05:08 AM
I think I found the reason the recharge port isn't cutting power properly. When I re-did the wiring diagram, I forgot to move the negative of the PEX and switch over to the recharge port instead of the battery neg.

The diagram still works, but the recharge port doesn't isolate the board while recharging. Oops.

RalenTarel
05-21-2014, 06:47 AM
And that would explain why I can still turn it on while its charging.
At this point because of the smaller inner dimater of the hilt every thing is so tight I can no longer remove the conponets also inorder to keep the switch in place I had used epoxi to secure it. Making it near imposable to remove