PDA

View Full Version : nano biscotti v2 install, resistors

RalenTarel
05-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Ok I just got my nano biscotti v2 w/ power extender. First off its a lot smaller than I thaught it would be not that its a problem just supprised. Now the thing I'm having trouble with is I can't find the 2w 2520 smd resistor or anything comprable for the power extender anywhere. Now this isn't my first install just my first plector labs product. Soif there is any way y'all can point Me in the right direction i'd appreciate The assistance. Also I can't figure out the ohms needed for the resistor ( 2w ?ohms) needed for the px. Again thanks .

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-05-2014, 03:43 PM
For you to figure out which resistor you need, we need to know the details, like what LEDs you are using, battery pack, etc. etc. You will also likely need resistors for your main LEDs.

RalenTarel
05-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using a lux3 rgb and a 3400mhs 18650. I currently have the 1hom2w and the 1.2 ohm 3w resistors but bolth seem to be too large for the 2-3w 2520 foot print on the px.so I'm looking for the proper resources To find the right conponets.
And yes I do still have some trouble getting my equasions right in order to figer them out but I feel got my math right. I just can't find the conponets

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using a lux3 rgb and a 3400mhs 18650. I currently have the 1hom2w and the 1.2 ohm 3w resistors but bolth seem to be too large for the 2-3w 2520 foot print on the px.so I'm looking for the proper resources To find the right conponets.
And yes I do still have some trouble getting my equasions right in order to figer them out but I feel got my math right. I just can't find the conponets

You have two options... You can either use a regular sized resistor and bypass the (+) pads completely, OR you can go to Newark.com, they sell SMD resistors.

Silver Serpent
05-06-2014, 06:52 AM
I'll agree with FJK. In my experience, it's often easier to ignore the (+) pads on the PEX and just wire the resistor in directly. If you're experienced with SMD soldering, you can use the pads and save a little space.

RalenTarel
05-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Thanks I took another look at it this morning and the 2w 1ohm resister fits exactly so I'll take y'alls advice and wire it in directly but I think I'll also tack it to the board just to make sure its secure.
Thanks again. I'll keep y'all updated with my progress.