PDA

View Full Version : PC v3 Sound fonts.

RavenXp
05-02-2014, 10:39 AM
The one thing I can't seem to find an answer to is with the sound fonts on the PC. Is there a max number you can have? I know the board comes with three fonts, but is that the max? I've been over the manual several times, and tried Google to answer this, now I'm asking the experts.

Thanks in advance.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Yes, the PCv3 supports a maximum of 3 fonts.

RavenXp
05-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Thank you for the quick response FJK. Out of curiosity, which speaker do you prefer, the premium or bass? I'm leaning towards the bad speaker for my build because I love that deep type of lightsaber hum.

Silver Serpent
05-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Some fonts sound a little better on the bass speaker, others sound better on the premium. If you prefer deep bass in your saber, then I'd go with the bass speaker and find appropriate fonts to go with that.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Some fonts sound a little better on the bass speaker, others sound better on the premium. If you prefer deep bass in your saber, then I'd go with the bass speaker and find appropriate fonts to go with that.

I agree with SS here. I have used both the premium speaker and bigger bass speaker, and they do obviously sound a bit different, but it really depends on the sound font (and if you have to the room to fit it into your design, of course).

Ty_Bomber
05-02-2014, 02:37 PM
i haven't tested it myself, but I have heard the mini bass speaker has a great sound range. It provides enough base and high end that it became the default for Vaders Vault stunt sabers. Worth looking into, perhaps?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-02-2014, 05:57 PM
i haven't tested it myself, but I have heard the mini bass speaker has a great sound range. It provides enough base and high end that it became the default for Vaders Vault stunt sabers. Worth looking into, perhaps?

The small ones sound pretty good too. I will be using one in an upcoming build.