PDA

View Full Version : First Saber - Questions for tutorials

Angeal
04-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Hey guys,

Completely new to the saber building community. I just ordered the parts needed to build my first lightsaber all from CSS. I was wondering though, I have done a bit of navigation through the forums and have not really found any nooby tutorials for upgrading your saber to add a soundboard(wiring, placement, ect..).

Are there any forums dedicated on how to do this? Or maybe some videos on youtube for first timers upgrading to sound and how to properly install all the electronics into the saber?

Thanks for any help guys!

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-29-2014, 09:22 AM
Hey guys,

Completely new to the saber building community. I just ordered the parts needed to build my first lightsaber all from CSS. I was wondering though, I have done a bit of navigation through the forums and have not really found any nooby tutorials for upgrading your saber to add a soundboard(wiring, placement, ect..).

Are there any forums dedicated on how to do this? Or maybe some videos on youtube for first timers upgrading to sound and how to properly install all the electronics into the saber?

Thanks for any help guys!

First off, Welcome to the Forums!

You would have to visit the wiring sections. Once you know which board you want to use the wiring diagrams are in the respective manuals (for the most part). However, retro fitting a saber with sound can be tricky IF the original hilt doesn't have enough space to fit in everything you want into the hilt.

Ty_Bomber
04-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Way to pass the buck, FJK. Tim specifically tasked you with creating and/or compiling all tutorial vids in one place. What's your excuse? ;P

Forgetful Jedi Knight
04-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Way to pass the buck, FJK. Tim specifically tasked you with creating and/or compiling all tutorial vids in one place. What's your excuse? ;P

1. I'm working on it. I'm not a Mod here, so there is only so much I can do on my own.

2. I have no idea what the specific hilt looks like, or what he plans to put into it.

3. Most of the information is around here, if people actually took the time to look around and read up. This is TCSS, not Spoonfeeding University... yet. :rolleyes: