PDA

View Full Version : Touch Plate Activation?

Wickedreamz
03-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Ive searched with no results so heres my question. Is there a tutorial on how to set a touch plate style activation box?

Ive seen vids on youtube where the saber was activated touching one end of the plate and the aux switch was setup on the other end. I would like to incorporate that style activation switch on a future build.

Any help would be appreciated! :D

MrCafe
03-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Something to be mindful of if dueling, easier to hit off by mistake.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Ive searched with no results so heres my question. Is there a tutorial on how to set a touch plate style activation box?

Ive seen vids on youtube where the saber was activated touching one end of the plate and the aux switch was setup on the other end. I would like to incorporate that style activation switch on a future build.

Any help would be appreciated! :D

No, there really isn't a tutorial for touch plate activations. There are a number of different ways you can probably do them, depending on what you are trying to accomplish. As was previously mentioned, they can be very sensitive, depending on your setup,

WookieeGunner
03-29-2014, 01:14 PM
One way I've seen is to hide two momentary switches in the box. When you press the activation plate you are also pressing the hidden switch.

Wickedreamz
03-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Something to be mindful of if dueling, easier to hit off by mistake.

No, there really isn't a tutorial for touch plate activations. There are a number of different ways you can probably do them, depending on what you are trying to accomplish. As was previously mentioned, they can be very sensitive, depending on your setup,

I dont plan on dueling but ill keep that in mind going forward

One way I've seen is to hide two momentary switches in the box. When you press the activation plate you are also pressing the hidden switch.

Ill keep that in mind...thanks

Renaissance Jedi
03-31-2014, 11:02 PM
Parks Sabers has the touch plate on several his lightsabers. I don't know how well they work, as I have never ordered from Parks, but that is one place you can look into such a switch design.
Here is the link: http://www.parksabers.com/

Crystal Chambers
04-01-2014, 06:47 AM
I've done one and have another one planned. I still find myself looking for ways to improve my method. It's a tight fit and ideally should be easily disassembled if you need to repair it.

Things to consider. Hinging point for double switch, material to sculpt for inside the box(mini mom switch holder/plunger/hinging), alteration of box to allow card movement, and most importantly install and repair access.