PDA

View Full Version : katana-style hand guard

darthdan
10-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Does anyone have any bright ideas for making and attaching a round hand guard to a sink tube? I've got a good idea for doing this with the MHS involving a custom milled emmitter but not the ca$h...yet.
Can you find just pieces of round flat metal stock anywhere? Basically big ass washers...about 4" in diameter. Any help anyone could offer would really be appreciated.

Tenric Starkindler
10-30-2006, 08:26 AM
perhaps one of those door knob plates...you know with a hole in the middle and a wide flare.

james3
10-30-2006, 08:36 AM
That and pipe covers. You can get ones with a hole in them to feed a line through or solid.

supertrogdor
10-30-2006, 11:46 AM
here are a couple questions you might ask yourself

does the hand guard have to be alluminum?
would you be willing to use another material and paint it?
what other materials might give you the effect you are looking for?

if it gets your saber looking the way you want it in a more expidicious fashion all the better

elrond.406
12-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Unless the guard is protected by some kind of energy (ex: ray shielding or sith alchemy) a lightsaber blade could just slice through, so what's the point? :lol:

Lord Maul
12-19-2006, 04:13 PM
elrond. i don't know what to say other than you're hopeless. in my opinion you are getting near worse than ryma, who was pretty darn bad

elrond.406
12-19-2006, 04:18 PM
elrond. i don't know what to say other than you're hopeless. in my opinion you are getting near worse than ryma, who was pretty darn bad

Hey, I was just kidding...

Lord Maul
12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
you are consistantly making stupid posts on ancient topics(this one being from oct. 30) trying to be funny and get up you post count

Ryma Mara
12-19-2006, 08:21 PM
No Iam a random post whore hes just a post whore.

darthdan
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
And who is the first one to reply to every one of the random useless posts and then back and forth with them throughout the thread? :roll: People in glass houses...
Instead, a better idea would be to not respond at all and let the stupid threads die in peace. By now we all know who is or isn't a
post - "lady of the night". It's just getting to be http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/huskerbrewdad/Smilies/dead_horse.gif

To answer your question though here is a description from a katana site: A tsuba is the hand guard mounted on a Japanese sword. It serves to keep the user's hand from sliding up onto the blade of the sword, to counterbalance the weight of the blade, to communicate the social standing, beliefs and tastes of its owner, and, to some degree, to protect the hand from an opponent's blade.

Or just say it has some kind of sithy cortosis weave or something :twisted:

Eruialsul
12-20-2006, 05:53 PM
The plastic tsuba used on shinai has a round hole that's about 1.5". You'd have to paint it but it should make a nice fit.